wakkan

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2002
I use a CMI8378 based sound card (4-channel,Artis 4.1) using C-Media drivers.I'd bought Labtec Arena 530 speakers.
The sound from the satellites is fine, but the subwoofer gives distorted sound, especially when playing metal such as Rammstein.
I'd also used Creative FPS 1600 and encountered the same problem.
The dealer says that the problem is with the filtering and the sound would be fine if I use a Soundblaster Live! 4.1 Card.
Help.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Anyone who tries to sell you a Live card is just trying to make as much money as possible at your expense (in many ways). I'm not familiar with your current card however.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

reez

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2002
Thats a tricky one...Actually there's 2 way output, but these c-media guys are advicing us to use the line in jack as the second ouput, coz its a shared one, so in effect u can use the regular spk out and line in to get the result, i got this option after digging several help pages, and it works for me,,,,, mine is the c-media soundcard that came integrated with Asus p4b533 mobo, and i'm using creative inspire 5.1 spk system thats connected to c-media sound card.