is there a way to connect 505 to the computer and put mp3 ..

Last response: in Brands
December 30, 2004 6:20:38 PM

Have a Motorola v 505 and I wanted to put backgrounds and ringtones
that are mp3 on the phone via a usb cable and some software. Is anyone
out there having success with this? Thank you for any and all advice.
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 11:19:40 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <a578t0174jvvs1s8inpbscubt75nicreea@4ax.com> on Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:20:38
GMT, "owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:

>Have a Motorola v 505 and I wanted to put backgrounds and ringtones
>that are mp3 on the phone via a usb cable and some software. Is anyone
>out there having success with this? Thank you for any and all advice.

Get Motorola (or BVRP) mobile PhoneTools software.

January 3, 2005 4:15:17 AM

Hey thanks alot. I do have the phone tools hooked up and I am having a
problem. A driver one. I try to install the driver for the phone. I
have downloaded them from a website and it will install but not for
the v505. Then in the settings under device manager, modems it says
the driver for this device is not installed. I have tried all that I
know of. Any one of any help I would LOVE it!!!
Trying to get this to work so I can put ringtones on here for my pesty
daughter.

Motorola phone tools v3.11
motorola phone v505
windows XP sp2
Thanks!!

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:19:40 GMT, in alt.cellular.motorola you wrote:

>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
>In <a578t0174jvvs1s8inpbscubt75nicreea@4ax.com> on Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:20:38
>GMT, "owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>
>>Have a Motorola v 505 and I wanted to put backgrounds and ringtones
>>that are mp3 on the phone via a usb cable and some software. Is anyone
>>out there having success with this? Thank you for any and all advice.
>
>Get Motorola (or BVRP) mobile PhoneTools software.
January 3, 2005 3:25:16 PM

Use LiveUpdate to upgrade PhoneTools to the latest version, and then try
again.

In <a87ht0ldbd6qo3q6s3lrh1hur2u5fb23ia@4ax.com> on Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:15:17
GMT, "owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:

>Hey thanks alot. I do have the phone tools hooked up and I am having a
>problem. A driver one. I try to install the driver for the phone. I
>have downloaded them from a website and it will install but not for
>the v505. Then in the settings under device manager, modems it says
>the driver for this device is not installed. I have tried all that I
>know of. Any one of any help I would LOVE it!!!
>Trying to get this to work so I can put ringtones on here for my pesty
>daughter.
>
>Motorola phone tools v3.11
>motorola phone v505
>windows XP sp2
>Thanks!!
>
>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:19:40 GMT, in alt.cellular.motorola you wrote:
>
>>In <a578t0174jvvs1s8inpbscubt75nicreea@4ax.com> on Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:20:38
>>GMT, "owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Have a Motorola v 505 and I wanted to put backgrounds and ringtones
>>>that are mp3 on the phone via a usb cable and some software. Is anyone
>>>out there having success with this? Thank you for any and all advice.
>>
>>Get Motorola (or BVRP) mobile PhoneTools software.

January 3, 2005 9:12:17 PM

I don't see your phone listed as compatible at:
http://www.bvrpforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1048

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:15:17 GMT, "owner@home.com"
<catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:

>Hey thanks alot. I do have the phone tools hooked up and I am having a
>problem. A driver one. I try to install the driver for the phone. I
>have downloaded them from a website and it will install but not for
>the v505. Then in the settings under device manager, modems it says
>the driver for this device is not installed. I have tried all that I
>know of. Any one of any help I would LOVE it!!!
>Trying to get this to work so I can put ringtones on here for my pesty
>daughter.
>
>Motorola phone tools v3.11
>motorola phone v505
>windows XP sp2
>Thanks!!
>
>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:19:40 GMT, in alt.cellular.motorola you wrote:
>
>>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>>
>>In <a578t0174jvvs1s8inpbscubt75nicreea@4ax.com> on Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:20:38
>>GMT, "owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Have a Motorola v 505 and I wanted to put backgrounds and ringtones
>>>that are mp3 on the phone via a usb cable and some software. Is anyone
>>>out there having success with this? Thank you for any and all advice.
>>
>>Get Motorola (or BVRP) mobile PhoneTools software.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 1:09:14 AM

I did try everything to upgrade and it will not.
I have emailed tech support but they have not gotten back to me.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I was one of the few that did pay the 29.99 for the software!

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:25:16 -0800, John Navas
<spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

>Use LiveUpdate to upgrade PhoneTools to the latest version, and then try
>again.
>
>In <a87ht0ldbd6qo3q6s3lrh1hur2u5fb23ia@4ax.com> on Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:15:17
>GMT, "owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>
>>Hey thanks alot. I do have the phone tools hooked up and I am having a
>>problem. A driver one. I try to install the driver for the phone. I
>>have downloaded them from a website and it will install but not for
>>the v505. Then in the settings under device manager, modems it says
>>the driver for this device is not installed. I have tried all that I
>>know of. Any one of any help I would LOVE it!!!
>>Trying to get this to work so I can put ringtones on here for my pesty
>>daughter.
>>
>>Motorola phone tools v3.11
>>motorola phone v505
>>windows XP sp2
>>Thanks!!
>>
>>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:19:40 GMT, in alt.cellular.motorola you wrote:

>>>Get Motorola (or BVRP) mobile PhoneTools software.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 4:44:40 AM

Have you configured Live Update? Open the program and let a default
phone appear. Click the Menu button and select Live Update setup then
select Live Update and you should connect (assuming your PC is online)
and go through the install process for the latest version.

From:o wner@home.com
catburgler@jewelthief.net

> I did try everything to upgrade and it will not.
> I have emailed tech support but they have not gotten back to me.
> Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
>
> I was one of the few that did pay the 29.99 for the software!
>
> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:25:16 -0800, John Navas
> <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Use LiveUpdate to upgrade PhoneTools to the latest version, and then
>> try again.
>>
>> In <a87ht0ldbd6qo3q6s3lrh1hur2u5fb23ia@4ax.com> on Mon, 03 Jan 2005
>> 01:15:17 GMT, "owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey thanks alot. I do have the phone tools hooked up and I am
>>> having a problem. A driver one. I try to install the driver for the
>>> phone. I have downloaded them from a website and it will install
>>> but not for the v505. Then in the settings under device manager,
>>> modems it says the driver for this device is not installed. I have
>>> tried all that I know of. Any one of any help I would LOVE it!!!
>>> Trying to get this to work so I can put ringtones on here for my
>>> pesty daughter.
>>>
>>> Motorola phone tools v3.11
>>> motorola phone v505
>>> windows XP sp2
>>> Thanks!!

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 7:37:17 AM

Hey it updated! Thanks. Thought I did that but it must have been the
first 2 installs that I tried that. :)  Again thanks!

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:44:40 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Have you configured Live Update? Open the program and let a default
>phone appear. Click the Menu button and select Live Update setup then
>select Live Update and you should connect (assuming your PC is online)
>and go through the install process for the latest version.
>
>From:o wner@home.com
>catburgler@jewelthief.net
>
>> I did try everything to upgrade and it will not.
>> I have emailed tech support but they have not gotten back to me.
>> Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
>>
>> I was one of the few that did pay the 29.99 for the software!
>>
>> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:25:16 -0800, John Navas
>> <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Use LiveUpdate to upgrade PhoneTools to the latest version, and then
>>> try again.

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 12:10:30 AM

It updated but I got to excited. It will still not work!!!
I am so tried of trying everything. When I boot windows and hook up
the phone it finds it and says motorola v505 but it will not install
the drivers. It fails everytime. I point it to MPT but it still does
not work. It shows under device manager the phone under modems and it
is there but it has the yellow ! through it because it says no drivers
are installed for this device.

Anyone have drivers for this or know where one could find them?
Thanks!

n Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:37:17 GMT, "owner@home.com"
<catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:

>Hey it updated! Thanks. Thought I did that but it must have been the
>first 2 installs that I tried that. :)  Again thanks!
>

>On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:44:40 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Have you configured Live Update? Open the program and let a default
>>phone appear. Click the Menu button and select Live Update setup then
>>select Live Update and you should connect (assuming your PC is online)
>>and go through the install process for the latest version.
>>
>>From:o wner@home.com
>>catburgler@jewelthief.net
>>
>>> I did try everything to upgrade and it will not.
>>> I have emailed tech support but they have not gotten back to me.
>>> Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
>>>
>>> I was one of the few that did pay the 29.99 for the software!

January 9, 2005 4:00:51 AM

Could this be the "XP SP2 drivers displace needed 3rd party drivers" problem which I have
just put in a long post covering?
Also see Microsoft article 883258.
Pat.
"owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote in message
> It updated but I got to excited. It will still not work!!!
> I am so tried of trying everything. When I boot windows and hook up
> the phone it finds it and says motorola v505 but it will not install
> the drivers. It fails everytime. I point it to MPT but it still does
> not work. It shows under device manager the phone under modems and it
> is there but it has the yellow ! through it because it says no drivers
> are installed for this device.
>
> Anyone have drivers for this or know where one could find them?
> Thanks!
>

> n Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:37:17 GMT, "owner@home.com"
> <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>

>>Hey it updated! Thanks. Thought I did that but it must have been the
>>first 2 installs that I tried that. :)  Again thanks!
>>

>>On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:44:40 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Have you configured Live Update? Open the program and let a default
>>>phone appear. Click the Menu button and select Live Update setup then
>>>select Live Update and you should connect (assuming your PC is online)
>>>and go through the install process for the latest version.
>>>
>>>From:o wner@home.com
>>>catburgler@jewelthief.net

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 4:34:19 AM

If you ever plugged the phone into the PC before installing the s/w it
will not work. You have to uninstall MPT then go to Device Manager and
delete the phone from modems and ports. Then reboot.
Once that's done install MPT again and let it do all of it's Live
Updates. Open MPT and then and ONLY then, plug in your phone and click
"redetect" if necessary. Should be good to go after that.

From:o wner@home.com
catburgler@jewelthief.net

> It updated but I got to excited. It will still not work!!!
> I am so tried of trying everything. When I boot windows and hook up
> the phone it finds it and says motorola v505 but it will not install
> the drivers. It fails everytime. I point it to MPT but it still does
> not work. It shows under device manager the phone under modems and it
> is there but it has the yellow ! through it because it says no drivers
> are installed for this device.
>
> Anyone have drivers for this or know where one could find them?
> Thanks!
>

> n Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:37:17 GMT, "owner@home.com"
> <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>

>> Hey it updated! Thanks. Thought I did that but it must have been the
>> first 2 installs that I tried that. :)  Again thanks!
>>

>> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 01:44:40 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Have you configured Live Update? Open the program and let a default
>>> phone appear. Click the Menu button and select Live Update setup
>>> then select Live Update and you should connect (assuming your PC is
>>> online) and go through the install process for the latest version.
>>>
>>> From:o wner@home.com
>>> catburgler@jewelthief.net

Anonymous
January 10, 2005 3:49:48 AM

You know I might try this but I got so pissed I went and bought a blue
tooth adapter. Works like a champ first time out of the box! Happy
camper here now. It has to be the drivers in windows XP sp2 or
something that keeps updating my phone when MPT trys to do the install
I end up with two phones. At any rate like I said went with a blue
tooth adapter and all is well!
Thanks all for the replies. Maybe I helped someone else.

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:34:19 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>If you ever plugged the phone into the PC before installing the s/w it
>will not work. You have to uninstall MPT then go to Device Manager and
>delete the phone from modems and ports. Then reboot.
>Once that's done install MPT again and let it do all of it's Live
>Updates. Open MPT and then and ONLY then, plug in your phone and click
>"redetect" if necessary. Should be good to go after that.
>
>From:o wner@home.com
>catburgler@jewelthief.net
>
>> It updated but I got to excited. It will still not work!!!
>> I am so tried of trying everything. When I boot windows and hook up
>> the phone it finds it and says motorola v505 but it will not install
>> the drivers. It fails everytime. I point it to MPT but it still does
>> not work. It shows under device manager the phone under modems and it
>> is there but it has the yellow ! through it because it says no drivers
>> are installed for this device.
>>
>> Anyone have drivers for this or know where one could find them?
>> Thanks!
>>

>> n Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:37:17 GMT, "owner@home.com"
>> <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>>

>>> Hey it updated! Thanks. Thought I did that but it must have been the
>>> first 2 installs that I tried that. :)  Again thanks!

January 10, 2005 3:46:28 PM

Re:Microsoft 883258 and not using XP SP2 drivers
Replying to my own post:
There seems to be a snag! The setup survives a restart but not a turn off. After a turnoff
the tray BT icon is usually red and the dongle disabled. A restart cures it but means when
you start from cold you must do a restart (effectivly starting twice!) each time . Not
very convenient.

I uninstalled the Belkin software. Unplugged the dongle. Restarted and plugged in the
dongle again. XP installed its drivers. I paired./bonded my phone using the tray icon and
then I just installed my other third party software and did not use the Belkin CD at all.
Seems OK ... so far!

Sorry if I wasted (... more) of anyone's time.

(In configuring my 3rd party software (mPT), when asked, I selected the standard modem
that XP had installed and let it do its own search for drivers - ignoring the "Other
Device" that was offered.)

Pat.
"Pat" <pat@usenet-only.com> wrote in message
> Could this be the "XP SP2 drivers displace needed 3rd party drivers" problem which I
> have just put in a long post covering?
> Also see Microsoft article 883258.
> Pat.
> "owner@home.com" <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote in message
>> It updated but I got to excited. It will still not work!!!
>> I am so tried of trying everything. When I boot windows and hook up
>> the phone it finds it and says motorola v505 but it will not install
>> the drivers. It fails everytime. I point it to MPT but it still does
>> not work. It shows under device manager the phone under modems and it
>> is there but it has the yellow ! through it because it says no drivers
>> are installed for this device.
>>
>> Anyone have drivers for this or know where one could find them?
>> Thanks!
>>

>> n Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:37:17 GMT, "owner@home.com"
>> <catburgler@jewelthief.net> wrote:
>>

>>>Hey it updated! Thanks. Thought I did that but it must have been the
>>>first 2 installs that I tried that. :)  Again thanks!

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 3:27:28 PM

hey where did you go to dl the driver for the usb cable? i have the
software and pretty much the same problem as you but i just can't
afford to buy the bluetooth :(  if you can help me out as to where i
can find this driver than that would be a whole lotta help THANKS
ALOT!!

--
tihom
tihom's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&us...