Line in from a TV

Pokey007

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
Ok, here's my set up. I have a DVD player which is plugged into my TV via a component set up. Then I have a Audio Out from my TV to my sound card. Currently I have a Fortissimo III and use the 1/8th mini jack. But with this set up I get feedback, and the sound card won't split the sound beyond stereo.

I have 2 Klipsh 4.1 systems, and have them set up. I was thinking of buying the Creative Audigy 2 Plat, connect my DVD player to the optical input and the TV through the aux in. But will the Audigy split the sound to 6.1? Will it split MP3's to 6.1? Or only games with EAX like the crappy fortissimo?

jheine

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
Your only getting stereo out of your TV, going into the Fortissimo, and back out. If you want the 6.1 sound, you need to get it into the PC in a digital format, either spdif of optical. It will get rid of your feedback as well, though that's also a matter of matching levels of the outputs and inputs. Or even better, you can use the PC to play back the DVD, eliminating some of the cables altogether.

Jarrett

TRENDING THREADS