Wireless connection

wauya6

Honorable
May 16, 2012
Hello,
after my router pass word change my working computer can not connect to again because securty type and pass word not match.how can i erase the old setting and put in new setting to match the router

Make a new network connection in Network and Sharing Center

sup_win7_wireless_network_11-03-09_clip_image003g.ccom

wauya6

Honorable
May 16, 2012

I try your way and not work.there are no way to really erase the setting I found out that when the window try to connect the same name network the old setting (pass word just dots)show and say the recorded setting not match the network setting and reject where it store? need change the addacter or the driver?May be the best way is to change the router network name or id address?But i hate to do that.

wauya6

Honorable
May 16, 2012

As I know restore only the system and not change the setting or data It will not work unless to complete reset to the factory setting then will lose all the programs and data which are not there when band new.

Ricochet_16

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
You might try resetting your router or making a new network connection, as others suggested. When you changed your password for your router, that might have affected your ability to restore to an earlier time (i.e. the day before), I don't know. It worked for me one time when I had a wireless connection problem, but I had not changed my password. I have Quick Restore Maker on my computer, which helps many times in correcting problems due to file or connection corruptions. You can get it free here:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-a-system-restore-point-in-1-click-with-quick-restore-maker

A restore to the previous day helps especially if a program is installed that for some reason creates an internet connection problem. Try the other suggestions first and see if they solve your problem.

wauya6

Honorable
May 16, 2012

I know that reset the router may work,but need time and may face the failure of set up of this router(once I had problems to locate the address of this router through internet to communcate with it)and if this happen then I will lose all connection to internet.Now I have tablets works.Thanks may be I have to try.I all try to restore to early date but the old setting is still there unless the date is before this router been used but the window not give that date to me.

wauya6

Honorable
May 16, 2012

I don't think the problem is due to the router.I think is the window 7(starter).It not let you to delet old setting any time try to connect the same name of the network with the same security setting the old pass word(just dots) showed, despite change to the new words,still reject.I think change the router;network name or security setting(wep or wrap) then the window will treat it as a new then will accept the new pass words.The window just want to protect the setting for multiple user.I may be wrong.

wauya6

Honorable
May 16, 2012

I try this at the beginning but not work .there are no way to remove the net work from window,even show it disappear but any time the adapter receive the signal from this network and it show up again and the old setting(pass words) also associate to it..thanks only things now I have to do is reset the router. and give new name and new security setting.Any other suggestions?.This only happen to window but not to OS of tabelets(ipad,Ipods).Those are very easy to change.

wauya6

Honorable
May 16, 2012

Without reset the router and give it a new network name and security setting there are no way to create new connection of this same network because when it recieved the signal from this network the old setting will show up despite you put in the new pass word will evental reject.As I say only reset the router will work but I am afraid to reset my router because I had problem to locate the IP of this router from internet to commulicat to it.Thanks anyway I will do what I have to do.