F4: AF install

So I assume I just pop the CD in and install? There are no instructions
to install whatsoever. It can't be that easy can it? Frankly I would
like to delete all of my other versions of F4. I hope this game is
good enough to do that :)

--

gcisko@hotmail.com

jp

"Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So I assume I just pop the CD in and install? There are no instructions
> to install whatsoever. It can't be that easy can it? Frankly I would
> like to delete all of my other versions of F4. I hope this game is
> good enough to do that :)
>
> --
>
> gcisko@hotmail.com

Yep, pop cd in, and go from there.

I'm afraid that's it Greg, sorry. You DO have to disable FSAA (or
knock it down to 2X) but so far that is the only concession. Darn
thing actually seems to WORK!! LOL
Icer

"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
> I'm afraid that's it Greg, sorry. You DO have to disable FSAA (or
> knock it down to 2X) but so far that is the only concession. Darn
> thing actually seems to WORK!! LOL
> Icer

I got it on Thursday and played it all day yesterday (decided to take the
day rather than try and drive in to London for work.) I've not had any
CTDs, but I have had two complete lockups, necessitating a reboot. Other
than that it's been fault-free and I've been really enjoying it!

Si

Where did you get it from in the UK? I havent seen it in the shops at all
yet? Or did you order it online?
Nats

"Simon Robbins" <simon@NOSPAMsjrobbins.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> "G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>> I'm afraid that's it Greg, sorry. You DO have to disable FSAA (or
>> knock it down to 2X) but so far that is the only concession. Darn
>> thing actually seems to WORK!! LOL
>> Icer
>
> I got it on Thursday and played it all day yesterday (decided to take the
> day rather than try and drive in to London for work.) I've not had any
> CTDs, but I have had two complete lockups, necessitating a reboot. Other
> than that it's been fault-free and I've been really enjoying it!
>
> Si

I don' need to disable FSAA with my X800 XT PE, it is weird though at some
angles it looks as though FSAA is not working at others it seems okay. With
4X FSAA at 1600x1200 I rarely see below 60 FPS according to FRAPS but I am
still in the basic training missions and such, haven't started a campaign
yet.

"Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Where did you get it from in the UK? I havent seen it in the shops at all
> yet? Or did you order it online?
> Nats

I ordered it from Simware at www.simw.com. Took about 6 days to arrive.
About 46 Euros delivered I think it was. The box was completely squashed
when it got here though!

Si

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

"Chris Townsend" <fakename@comcast.net> wrote in

> I don' need to disable FSAA with my X800 XT PE, it is weird though at
> some angles it looks as though FSAA is not working at others it seems
> okay.

I "think" its a Nvidia thing. I can do 2,4,or 6x with no problems on a
9800pro.

Chuck

--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

"Chuck" <Nonyabiz@all.com> wrote in message
> "Chris Townsend" <fakename@comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> I don' need to disable FSAA with my X800 XT PE, it is weird though at
>> some angles it looks as though FSAA is not working at others it seems
>> okay.
>
> I "think" its a Nvidia thing. I can do 2,4,or 6x with no problems on a
> 9800pro.

Good I have a X800 Pro monster:)

--

gcisko@hotmail.com

Does anyone know how well F4:AF runs, on a 1ghz with Geforce 3 and 512mb
ram?

In article <dapic3$mmq$1$830fa79f@news.demon.co.uk>, Simon Robbins
<simon@NOSPAMsjrobbins.demon.co.uk> writes
>"Nats" <nstutt@nstutt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Where did you get it from in the UK? I havent seen it in the shops at all
>> yet? Or did you order it online?
>> Nats
>
>I ordered it from Simware at www.simw.com. Took about 6 days to arrive.
>About 46 Euros delivered I think it was. The box was completely squashed
>when it got here though!

Ordered mine from Simware on Sunday and it's just arrived, box seems OK
too, very impressed, would recommend them.
--
Sean Black

"Sean Black" <sean@bucks-aggs.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I ordered it from Simware at www.simw.com. Took about 6 days to arrive.
>>About 46 Euros delivered I think it was. The box was completely squashed
>>when it got here though!
>>
> Ordered mine from Simware on Sunday and it's just arrived, box seems OK
> too, very impressed, would recommend them.
> --
> Sean Black

Thanks - I've ordered it!

Nats

Mine just arrived and I didn't get a box! I wonder if it was to do with the
fact that it was an international shipment? All I got was the CD and a
manual.

RobP

In message <ciaBe.133258$Vo6.88360@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, ROBERT
POLLARD <RobertAPollard@blueyonder.co.uk> writes
>Mine just arrived and I didn't get a box! I wonder if it was to do with the
>fact that it was an international shipment? All I got was the CD and a
>manual.

Definitely got a box with mine. Maybe there was an option to ship
without the box?
--
Sean Black

"Sean Black" <Gooner@pipex.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Definitely got a box with mine. Maybe there was an option to ship
> without the box?

I picked that option myself, don't need another useless box anyway, still
got my F4 binder right here. Hasn't arrived yet, though.