F4:AF Multiplayer

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

OK so I loaded the game and it seems to work fine right out of the box.
No problems, no reduced FSAA. So I think it would be fin to finally
do F4 online multiplayer with some of my flightsim pals. Anyone want
a go??? I am guessing you need to select "internet" and know the server
address. Since I have a good cable connection I can be the server.

And where is my pal Jim Knutsen. This is your shot! Also is Jorg
"Dancer" Stenger, or Dave Masten still online?

--

gcisko@hotmail.com
8 answers Last reply
More about multiplayer
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    SimHQ has a good article on multi in F4 here
    http://www.simhq.com/_air5/air_163a.html

    Mitch


    "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:yOednXp3-_Y6cEzfRVn-2g@comcast.com...
    > OK so I loaded the game and it seems to work fine right out of the box.
    > No problems, no reduced FSAA. So I think it would be fin to finally
    > do F4 online multiplayer with some of my flightsim pals. Anyone want
    > a go??? I am guessing you need to select "internet" and know the server
    > address. Since I have a good cable connection I can be the server.
    >
    > And where is my pal Jim Knutsen. This is your shot! Also is Jorg
    > "Dancer" Stenger, or Dave Masten still online?
    >
    > --
    >
    > gcisko@hotmail.com
    >
    >
    >
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:55:38 -0500, Greg Cisko wrote:

    >OK so I loaded the game and it seems to work fine right out of the box.
    >No problems, no reduced FSAA. So I think it would be fin to finally
    >do F4 online multiplayer with some of my flightsim pals. Anyone want
    >a go??? I am guessing you need to select "internet" and know the server
    >address. Since I have a good cable connection I can be the server.

    Not sure how things work with a cable modem/router, but you'll need to
    ensure you have the two ports 2934 and 2935 open for UDP and forwarded
    to the internal IP of your F4 AF PC (apparently no need for TCP, but
    it wouldn't do any harm if you forwarded those as well). Has to get
    past your firewall as well. Apologies if you already know all this
    <g>.

    Generally, the MP interface is a lot tidier than it was before. Your
    best bet, however, is to check the threads at Frugal's forums - plenty
    of servers being advertised there. Jetnet is dead (for AF), so there's
    no centralised lobby to see other people online ... yet.

    Best bit of advice I've seen at Frugal's regarding MP is: if you have
    a failed connect, for any reason, come *right out of Falcon* then wait
    a minute or so. Sacrificing a virgin usually works, but that's a
    pretty rare commodity these days <ggg>.

    Adamski.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:12:22 +1200, Adamski <anon@nowhere.com> wrote:

    > Sacrificing a virgin usually works, but that's a
    >pretty rare commodity these days <ggg>.
    Seems like a waste of a good virgin
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    news:hbv3d1l9gsvje796go7qgmn87huk2sonj2@4ax.com...
    > Generally, the MP interface is a lot tidier than it was before. Your
    > best bet, however, is to check the threads at Frugal's forums - plenty
    > of servers being advertised there. Jetnet is dead (for AF), so there's
    > no centralised lobby to see other people online ... yet.

    I checked and didn't see any, but of course that doesn't mean
    it is not there. Ok how about if we do this the hard way. Anyone
    interested in online this weekend email me at my hotmail address.
    I will also have a Roger Wilco server up and running.

    I had a great 2+ years doing Medal of Honor online as a server
    with roger wilco and am hoping that F4 will now be as great.

    I think it would be great if allot of the old timers wanted to give it
    a shot. But of course anyone is welcome except for Mr Marhino :-)

    Come on NOS time to come out of hiding. And PD, time to put on
    your pink flight suit :-)

    --

    gcisko@hotmail.com
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Greg Cisko wrote:
    > "Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > news:hbv3d1l9gsvje796go7qgmn87huk2sonj2@4ax.com...
    >
    >>Generally, the MP interface is a lot tidier than it was before. Your
    >>best bet, however, is to check the threads at Frugal's forums - plenty
    >>of servers being advertised there. Jetnet is dead (for AF), so there's
    >>no centralised lobby to see other people online ... yet.
    >
    >
    > I checked and didn't see any, but of course that doesn't mean
    > it is not there. Ok how about if we do this the hard way. Anyone
    > interested in online this weekend email me at my hotmail address.
    > I will also have a Roger Wilco server up and running.
    >
    > I had a great 2+ years doing Medal of Honor online as a server
    > with roger wilco and am hoping that F4 will now be as great.
    >
    > I think it would be great if allot of the old timers wanted to give it
    > a shot. But of course anyone is welcome except for Mr Marhino :-)
    >
    > Come on NOS time to come out of hiding. And PD, time to put on
    > your pink flight suit :-)
    >

    Yarbles, Tailspin and myself have been getting together to train up in
    F4:AF the last few days. You want in?

    'James'
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    "James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    news:GE1Be.2664$oZ.1255@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
    > Yarbles, Tailspin and myself have been getting together to train up in
    > F4:AF the last few days. You want in?

    Absolutely!!!! Just email me. I have sort of remembered much
    of F4 and my old digital Stickworks F22 file still works so I
    should be able to last for a few minutes :-)

    --

    gcisko@hotmail.com
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:46:48 -0500, "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >news:hbv3d1l9gsvje796go7qgmn87huk2sonj2@4ax.com...
    >> Generally, the MP interface is a lot tidier than it was before. Your
    >> best bet, however, is to check the threads at Frugal's forums - plenty
    >> of servers being advertised there. Jetnet is dead (for AF), so there's
    >> no centralised lobby to see other people online ... yet.
    >
    >I checked and didn't see any, but of course that doesn't mean
    >it is not there. Ok how about if we do this the hard way. Anyone
    >interested in online this weekend email me at my hotmail address.
    >I will also have a Roger Wilco server up and running.
    >
    >I had a great 2+ years doing Medal of Honor online as a server
    >with roger wilco and am hoping that F4 will now be as great.
    >
    >I think it would be great if allot of the old timers wanted to give it
    >a shot. But of course anyone is welcome except for Mr Marhino :-)
    >
    >Come on NOS time to come out of hiding. And PD, time to put on
    >your pink flight suit :-)

    PD to busy fighting terrorist and worshiping GW from his keyboard.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim (More info?)

    Greg Cisko wrote:
    > "James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > news:GE1Be.2664$oZ.1255@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
    >
    >>Yarbles, Tailspin and myself have been getting together to train up in
    >>F4:AF the last few days. You want in?
    >
    >
    > Absolutely!!!! Just email me. I have sort of remembered much
    > of F4 and my old digital Stickworks F22 file still works so I
    > should be able to last for a few minutes :-)
    >

    Just got to the forums at http://combatsimgroup.com/smf/index.php and
    register. Introduce yourself in the F4:AF forum.

    James
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Multiplayer Games Video Games