F4:AF Multiplayer

Last response: in Video Games
July 11, 2005 2:55:38 AM

OK so I loaded the game and it seems to work fine right out of the box.
No problems, no reduced FSAA. So I think it would be fin to finally
do F4 online multiplayer with some of my flightsim pals. Anyone want
a go??? I am guessing you need to select "internet" and know the server
address. Since I have a good cable connection I can be the server.

And where is my pal Jim Knutsen. This is your shot! Also is Jorg
"Dancer" Stenger, or Dave Masten still online?

--

gcisko@hotmail.com

More about : multiplayer

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 10:19:17 AM

SimHQ has a good article on multi in F4 here
http://www.simhq.com/_air5/air_163a.html

Mitch

"Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> OK so I loaded the game and it seems to work fine right out of the box.
> No problems, no reduced FSAA. So I think it would be fin to finally
> do F4 online multiplayer with some of my flightsim pals. Anyone want
> a go??? I am guessing you need to select "internet" and know the server
> address. Since I have a good cable connection I can be the server.
>
> And where is my pal Jim Knutsen. This is your shot! Also is Jorg
> "Dancer" Stenger, or Dave Masten still online?
>
> --
>
> gcisko@hotmail.com

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 9:12:22 PM

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:55:38 -0500, Greg Cisko wrote:

>OK so I loaded the game and it seems to work fine right out of the box.
>No problems, no reduced FSAA. So I think it would be fin to finally
>do F4 online multiplayer with some of my flightsim pals. Anyone want
>a go??? I am guessing you need to select "internet" and know the server
>address. Since I have a good cable connection I can be the server.

Not sure how things work with a cable modem/router, but you'll need to
ensure you have the two ports 2934 and 2935 open for UDP and forwarded
to the internal IP of your F4 AF PC (apparently no need for TCP, but
it wouldn't do any harm if you forwarded those as well). Has to get
past your firewall as well. Apologies if you already know all this
<g>.

Generally, the MP interface is a lot tidier than it was before. Your
best bet, however, is to check the threads at Frugal's forums - plenty
of servers being advertised there. Jetnet is dead (for AF), so there's
no centralised lobby to see other people online ... yet.

Best bit of advice I've seen at Frugal's regarding MP is: if you have
a failed connect, for any reason, come *right out of Falcon* then wait
a minute or so. Sacrificing a virgin usually works, but that's a
pretty rare commodity these days <ggg>.

Adamski.
Related resources
July 11, 2005 9:12:23 PM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:12:22 +1200, Adamski <anon@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Sacrificing a virgin usually works, but that's a
>pretty rare commodity these days <ggg>.
Seems like a waste of a good virgin
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 1:46:48 AM

"Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Generally, the MP interface is a lot tidier than it was before. Your
> best bet, however, is to check the threads at Frugal's forums - plenty
> of servers being advertised there. Jetnet is dead (for AF), so there's
> no centralised lobby to see other people online ... yet.

I checked and didn't see any, but of course that doesn't mean
it is not there. Ok how about if we do this the hard way. Anyone
interested in online this weekend email me at my hotmail address.
I will also have a Roger Wilco server up and running.

I had a great 2+ years doing Medal of Honor online as a server
with roger wilco and am hoping that F4 will now be as great.

I think it would be great if allot of the old timers wanted to give it
a shot. But of course anyone is welcome except for Mr Marhino :-)

Come on NOS time to come out of hiding. And PD, time to put on
your pink flight suit :-)

--

gcisko@hotmail.com
Anonymous

Greg Cisko wrote:
> "Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>
>>Generally, the MP interface is a lot tidier than it was before. Your
>>best bet, however, is to check the threads at Frugal's forums - plenty
>>of servers being advertised there. Jetnet is dead (for AF), so there's
>>no centralised lobby to see other people online ... yet.
>

> I checked and didn't see any, but of course that doesn't mean
> it is not there. Ok how about if we do this the hard way. Anyone
> interested in online this weekend email me at my hotmail address.
> I will also have a Roger Wilco server up and running.
>
> I had a great 2+ years doing Medal of Honor online as a server
> with roger wilco and am hoping that F4 will now be as great.
>
> I think it would be great if allot of the old timers wanted to give it
> a shot. But of course anyone is welcome except for Mr Marhino :-)
>
> Come on NOS time to come out of hiding. And PD, time to put on
> your pink flight suit :-)

Yarbles, Tailspin and myself have been getting together to train up in
F4:AF the last few days. You want in?

'James'
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 9:29:11 AM

"James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Yarbles, Tailspin and myself have been getting together to train up in
> F4:AF the last few days. You want in?

Absolutely!!!! Just email me. I have sort of remembered much
of F4 and my old digital Stickworks F22 file still works so I
should be able to last for a few minutes :-)

--

gcisko@hotmail.com
July 13, 2005 5:23:49 PM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:46:48 -0500, "Greg Cisko" <gcisko@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Adamski" <anon@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Generally, the MP interface is a lot tidier than it was before. Your
>> best bet, however, is to check the threads at Frugal's forums - plenty
>> of servers being advertised there. Jetnet is dead (for AF), so there's
>> no centralised lobby to see other people online ... yet.
>
>I checked and didn't see any, but of course that doesn't mean
>it is not there. Ok how about if we do this the hard way. Anyone
>interested in online this weekend email me at my hotmail address.
>I will also have a Roger Wilco server up and running.
>
>I had a great 2+ years doing Medal of Honor online as a server
>with roger wilco and am hoping that F4 will now be as great.
>
>I think it would be great if allot of the old timers wanted to give it
>a shot. But of course anyone is welcome except for Mr Marhino :-)
>
>Come on NOS time to come out of hiding. And PD, time to put on
>your pink flight suit :-)

PD to busy fighting terrorist and worshiping GW from his keyboard.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:19:40 AM

Greg Cisko wrote:
> "James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>
>>Yarbles, Tailspin and myself have been getting together to train up in
>>F4:AF the last few days. You want in?
>

> Absolutely!!!! Just email me. I have sort of remembered much
> of F4 and my old digital Stickworks F22 file still works so I
> should be able to last for a few minutes :-)

Just got to the forums at http://combatsimgroup.com/smf/index.php and
register. Introduce yourself in the F4:AF forum.

James
!