New RADAR

Last response: in Home Audio
November 2, 2004 10:28:54 AM

Bryson wrote:

> What grotesque spam, Barry (esp. with the exact same post on other forums).
> I'm truly embarrassed for you.

Or, if you got it, flaunt it.
November 2, 2004 5:23:43 PM

Bryson wrote:
> Barry wrote:
>
>> drew,
>>
>> Thanks again for your post on
>> http://www.gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?s=8412a8...
>> about the new RADAR...
>>
>> Barry
>> http://www.izcorp.com
>

> What grotesque spam, Barry (esp. with the exact same post on other forums).
> I'm truly embarrassed for you.

I'm a big fan of Radar and am think the newest
developments there are exciting but I agree that those
posts were a little tacky. No big deal though. iZ is one
of the finest companies in this biZness. Great product,
great support.

John Noll
Retromedia Sound Studios
Red Bank, NJ

jn145_deletethisfirst_@verizon.net

http://www.retromedia.net
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 8:01:25 PM

barryh@izcorp.com (Barry) wrote in

>... about the new RADAR...
>
> Barry

Or...outdated technology, in a way overpriced DAW for Dummies.
Can't do anything a good set of AD/DA converters and Nuendo
can't do. Actually Radar can't even do as much as the above.
November 3, 2004 3:00:29 AM

Al Phillison wrote:
> barryh@izcorp.com (Barry) wrote in
>

>>... about the new RADAR...
>>
>>Barry
>

> Or...outdated technology, in a way overpriced DAW for Dummies.
> Can't do anything a good set of AD/DA converters and Nuendo
> can't do. Actually Radar can't even do as much as the above.

Nor does it crash as much.

Anonymous
November 4, 2004 8:23:19 AM

Mike Rivers wrote:

> iOmega-invented media has a tendency not to drop much in price until they
> declare the format obsolete.

Or until discovered to be entirely filled with unrecoverable data.

--
ha
November 4, 2004 9:29:27 AM

The 35 GB cartridge is $50 to $60 depending on where you buy it from.
We've testing it very heavily and it is rock solid. We can actually
record 24 channels at 96kHz to this little thing.

If you want more information on it check out this thread on the iZ
forum;
http://recordingtheworld.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=7...
Go to point # 13.

Barry, iZ President
www.izcorp.com
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 3:29:10 PM

Al Phillison <pa@aussie.au> wrote in message news:<Xns95957B0E2A730kd9sd7ahjs6fdikf@140.99.99.130>...
> barryh@izcorp.com (Barry) wrote in
>
> >... about the new RADAR...
> >
> > Barry
>
> Or...outdated technology, in a way overpriced DAW for Dummies.
> Can't do anything a good set of AD/DA converters and Nuendo
> can't do. Actually Radar can't even do as much as the above.

You can saw that about and DAW, but where are you going to get
converters that sound better than the Radar converters? And certianly
not for anywhere near the same price.
November 10, 2004 4:47:13 PM

mike@monsterisland.com (Mike Caffrey) wrote in message news:<9b30ebb8.0411081229.19fbac85@posting.google.com>...
> Al Phillison <pa@aussie.au> wrote in message news:<Xns95957B0E2A730kd9sd7ahjs6fdikf@140.99.99.130>...
> > barryh@izcorp.com (Barry) wrote in
> >
> > >... about the new RADAR...
> > >
> > > Barry
> >
> > Or...outdated technology, in a way overpriced DAW for Dummies.
> > Can't do anything a good set of AD/DA converters and Nuendo
> > can't do. Actually Radar can't even do as much as the above.
>
> You can saw that about and DAW, but where are you going to get
> converters that sound better than the Radar converters? And certianly
> not for anywhere near the same price.

For example - if you buy 24 channels of RADAR comparable high end
converters from a manufacturer such as Prism, you will pay close to
$30k(3 x 8 ch A/D/A @ $9500 each) just for the 24 channels of 96kHz
converters. http://www.soniccircus.com/store/merchant.mvc?Product_C...

With RADAR, you get the converters plus the recorder, editor,
synchronizer and redbook CD authoring capability all in one box for
almost half of the price.

Regards,

Barry, iZ President
www.izcorp.com