V710 mp3 ringtones

Last response: in Brands
a b G Storage
January 2, 2005 7:09:40 PM

Hey all,

I just got the extra storage card and added an mp3 to it. I want to set it as
a ringtone on my phone, but when I click on the menu button once it's
highlighted, I don't have an "Apply as Ringtone" option as I do for the other
mp3s that came on the phone. I think it may be 1 of a few things:

1) Can you not set a ringtone from the extra storage device?
2) Does the mp3 still need to be a certain size & length?

Can someone help me out? Thanks a lot!

Brett
http://www.freewebs.com/singkaraoke/index.html

More about : v710 mp3 ringtones

Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 5, 2005 9:22:56 AM

Move the ringtone to you phone off from the memory card and then you
can apply it as a ring tone.

That is unless you have the latest firmware upgrade at which point VZW
has removed the right to be able to move files from your media card
over to your phone...

it's a financial leak which can end up costing them and you 25 Cents
per file you move...

By the way there has been substantial rumor over a Class action law
suit against VZW because of the removed functionality of their phones.

Check out http://www.howardforums.com It's a great resource for all
your cellular phone needs.

On 02 Jan 2005 16:09:40 GMT, penny16161@aol.com (PENNY16161) wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I just got the extra storage card and added an mp3 to it. I want to set it as
>a ringtone on my phone, but when I click on the menu button once it's
>highlighted, I don't have an "Apply as Ringtone" option as I do for the other
>mp3s that came on the phone. I think it may be 1 of a few things:
>
>1) Can you not set a ringtone from the extra storage device?
>2) Does the mp3 still need to be a certain size & length?
>
>Can someone help me out? Thanks a lot!
>

>Brett
>http://www.freewebs.com/singkaraoke/index.html
Anonymous
a b G Storage
January 5, 2005 11:33:21 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <majnt09ios2chr691re7l469g57fondtt2@4ax.com> on Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:22:56
-0500, Nitro Neo <unrealmaster@hotmail.com> wrote:

>By the way there has been substantial rumor over a Class action law
>suit against VZW because of the removed functionality of their phones.

ROTFL