bukfutter6

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2002
hi, i have a western digital 120gb hard drive. i was downloading off an ftp, and suddenly, i like one error message after another "cannot write to drive" or something, and i check exploror and my drive isnt there
and then i restart my computor, and it goes into this windows thing where its like checking my drive, and it says "fixing error" or something, and it says that for like an 2 hours, and i just gave up, and restarted. now windows wont start at all when i have the drive plugged in. and in the begining, when my raid controller card reads the drive, it says something like "device 0: wd120gb 0mb". The diagnostics software dont work either, it just freezes
is all my data lost? is there anything i can do?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
It doesnt sound good unfortunately. Sounds as if the drive has suffered a critical failure to be honest.

You can try letting the drive cool down before trying again. The software you tried? That would be the diagnostic tools from Western Digital?

<b>Is that a Sidetracked Thread I see before me? - <i>William Shakespeare, Macbeth</i></b>
Officially Certified <font color=green>Hooter Inspector.</font color=green>

TRENDING THREADS