pleasehelp

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
If someone can help me fix this issue it would be great.

Even with my router DMZ'd to the static IP address on my computer, I still get NAT errors all of the time. I play a lot of Company of Heroes, and constantly get NAT errors. My dad and I are on the same network, and when we both try to play together it is almost impossible to get into an online game. When we play by ourselves online, it will still give us NAT errors but not as many. I have tried turning off NAT, which then causes me to lose internet.

Static IP and DMZ ip are both 192.168.1.105 My computer is connected directly to wireless router, all the other computers are wireless.

I think it has something to do with the Modem and Wireless router conflicting. Is there a way I can have my wireless router act as like a wireless switch, with no protection on it at all?

It is a Linksys E2000 with latest firmware update.

Thanks

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
You can but you ISP may not allow you to have 2 IP. All you do is plug the router LAN port into the modem and disable DHCP on the router. You will now get IP directly from the ISP.....you will most likely need to power cycle the modem, and at least 1 computer will get a IP not so sure both will.

You will always have a issue running 2 computer behind a router with NAT and software that uses fixed ports for communication. 2 machines can share a ip but it is tough to make them share a port number.
I suspect most your problems are related to UPnP nat issues but this is mostly controlled by the game software you can pretty much just turn it on and off in your router.