F4AF Ugly HUD in Instant Action

In instant action I get an ugly frame around the top of the HUD that
looks like the old F14 Fleet Defender. Is there a way to get rid of
this and make it look like the real F4 as is seen in The training
missions?

jp

<drtee@cox.net> wrote in message
> In instant action I get an ugly frame around the top of the HUD that
> looks like the old F14 Fleet Defender. Is there a way to get rid of
> this and make it look like the real F4 as is seen in The training
> missions?

Sounds like you're flying the Block 40 ? If so, it's supposed to look
like that. Try a Block 52.

How do you change to Block 52 and ,by the way, is there a keychart
anywhere with this sim or is everything the same a F4? Thanks

> How do you change to Block 52 and ,by the way, is there a keychart
> anywhere with this sim or is everything the same a F4? Thanks

You have to choose a squadron flying 52's, so use that block. When you
click on a squadron, look in the lower right corner of the screen, and it
shows what planes it's flying.

Keychart, not really. It's very close to being the same as F4, but not
100%. Do a google, or go to the LP site for more info on a keychart.