A reminder: BEWARE of upgrading a DELL!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Only upgrade your system with Dell motherboards/power supplies OR
replace both at once with OFFICIAL ATX parts.
DO NOT mix dell with common ATX.
<A HREF="http://www.upgradingandrepairingpcs.com/articles/upgrade3_01_01.asp" target="_new">http://www.upgradingandrepairingpcs.com/articles/upgrade3_01_01.asp</A>

<b>Tits a nice day today!
Breast i've ever seen!</b>
Officially Certified <font color=green>Hooter Inspector.</font color=green>

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Yes. As LHGPooBaa said, it is only a reminder.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yes. Its a reminder. Imagine how many 'Delled' people are out there who DON'T know.

Octivus

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
/me is glad he never bought a dell.

Custom all the way

<i><font color=blue>If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets.</font color=blue></i>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
I would like to take credit but i cannot.
'dude, you've been delled' is a semi comon catchphrase around here.

I however DO claim credit to renaming the program 'Asus Probe' to 'Anal Probe' :lol:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually I coined the phrase "Dude, you've been Delled" many months ago. And for a while I was linking the phrase to www.goatse.cx, a site which I advise you NOT to go to.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
So, thats why you didn't make it clickable :lol:

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
There is nothing wrong with getting a Dell if you know what you are getting into.

<font color=blue>I want to save the world for my children, but not my children's children, because children shouldn't be having sex. - Deep Thought</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
I guess... Some people like a prebuilt, expensive, budget component packed, non expandable, hard to upgrade pretty case. :smile:

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Actually I coined the phrase "Dude, you've been Delled" many months ago.
Regardless of who came up with it, it's a great saying. I had never heard it before. However, I have been calling Asus Probe "Anus Probe" for years.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
I saw a post saying that Anal *caughs* i mean Asus have finally fixed their probe program!

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
"There is nothing wrong with getting a Dell if you know what you are getting into."

Yeah, but that's like someone hiding a goatse link with "World's Most Beautiful Picture of the Taj Mahal, EVAR!".

Then you click on it, and you're scarred for life and develop 3 different personalities, trying to blank out the horrifing experience.

Which is what might have just happened to Wingding, so I cut him some slack...

"I personally think filesystems should be rewritten from scratch every 5 years..." --- Hans Reiser

buddry

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2002
Would you rather build a pc for a relative and provide the tech support for them whenever they do something stupid? or would you tell them to get a dell where they have an 800 # to call and you don't have to worry about it?

<font color=blue>I want to save the world for my children, but not my children's children, because children shouldn't be having sex. - Deep Thought</font color=blue>

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
now you have my curiosity peaked about this unspeakable link. i dont dare go there at work, do i?

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i couldnt resist the temptation, i remote controled to my computer at home so i could see what all the fuss was about. all i have to say is this: WHAT.. THE.. [-peep-].

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
"Would you rather build a pc for a relative and provide the tech support for them whenever they do something stupid? or would you tell them to get a dell where they have an 800 # to call and you don't have to worry about it?"

1) I build all the computers for my entire fscking extended family. I can really suck.

2) Last time I looked, Dell gave software support for 30 days.

3) Last time I looked, Dell gave software support for 30 days, only on the software that was shipped with the system. If you upgrade your operating system, or start using Open Office. Suckin'.

4) They'd have to wait at least 15 if not 20 minutes on the phone. Which means, it would be just as fast (with a cable modem) to figure out the answer yourself with a google search.

5) Dell is here to make money. As long as you ship them cash, they'll put in a half-assed effort to make you happy. Just like Microsoft.

"I personally think filesystems should be rewritten from scratch every 5 years..." --- Hans Reiser