  • Motorola
  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
January 4, 2005 12:13:48 AM

I`ve got bluetooth - I can copy data TO the phone (mp3s, java games), but
can`t get data OFF the damn thing - i`ve tried copy / move etc, but I
keep getting "service not supported"

Any suggestions please ?

(Win98SE in use this end, not sure if XP gives the same results)

More about : v600 transferring data phone

Anonymous
January 4, 2005 3:49:26 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <MPG.1c43c5e41053399898ac59@news.individual.net> on Mon, 3 Jan 2005
21:13:48 -0000, Colin Wilson <void@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I`ve got bluetooth - I can copy data TO the phone (mp3s, java games), but
>can`t get data OFF the damn thing - i`ve tried copy / move etc, but I
>keep getting "service not supported"
>
>Any suggestions please ?
>
>(Win98SE in use this end, not sure if XP gives the same results)

Bluetooth device and stack (software)?

January 4, 2005 4:15:42 AM

> Bluetooth device and stack (software)?

Trust bluetooth adaptor, software / drivers as provided, model BT180 /
item ref: 13853

Object push transfers data to the phone quite happily - when I eventually
get it to connect from my win98se machine - and it lists 4 protocols
(forget what they are).

There`s one that should, logically, allow me to access the files
directly, but windows explorer crashes instantly I try to access it, and
trying the copy / move option on any image files in the phone results in
the error message I mentioned earlier, "service not supported"

On my XP machine (same drivers) it only lists ONE protocol - bluetooth
modem - and no matter what I try to set up for it, the phone is not
recognised - that is, even though it appears to pair up at times, it
steadfastly refuses to let me do a thing with the connection or access
the phone in any way.

January 4, 2005 4:29:51 AM

d[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <MPG.1c43fe9c8a19051c98ac62@news.individual.net> on Tue, 4 Jan 2005
01:15:42 -0000, Colin Wilson <void@btinternet.com> wrote:

>> Bluetooth device and stack (software)?
>
>Trust bluetooth adaptor, software / drivers as provided, model BT180 /
>item ref: 13853
>
>Object push transfers data to the phone quite happily - when I eventually
>get it to connect from my win98se machine - and it lists 4 protocols
>(forget what they are).
>
>There`s one that should, logically, allow me to access the files
>directly, but windows explorer crashes instantly I try to access it, and
>trying the copy / move option on any image files in the phone results in
>the error message I mentioned earlier, "service not supported"
>
>On my XP machine (same drivers) it only lists ONE protocol - bluetooth
>modem - and no matter what I try to set up for it, the phone is not
>recognised - that is, even though it appears to pair up at times, it
>steadfastly refuses to let me do a thing with the connection or access
>the phone in any way.

Sounds like flaky drivers.

January 4, 2005 5:27:30 AM

> Sounds like flaky drivers.

Their site only lists updated drivers for a second version (?) of the
same hardware too... it would have helped if they used a different ID
code for the damn device rather than the same ID with a notional -02 and
-03 tagged on, which may or may not be labelled as such on newer variants

And just to add confusion, they only list drivers for the -02 version of
the hardware for win98se...

January 4, 2005 2:04:34 PM

> > Sounds like flaky drivers.
> Their site only lists updated drivers for a second version (?) of the
> same hardware too... <snip>

I went back to basics, uninstalled the existing and reinstalled the same
drivers again - it worked !

Stuffed if I know why it didn`t the first time though :-}

January 5, 2005 1:23:12 AM

I'm having trouble with mobile phone tools , can only seem to synchronise
phone book. Imkeep getting transfer failed if i try to transfer pics, mp3
ringtones etc. What software are you using please?
"Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > > Sounds like flaky drivers.
> > Their site only lists updated drivers for a second version (?) of the
> > same hardware too... <snip>
>
> I went back to basics, uninstalled the existing and reinstalled the same
> drivers again - it worked !
>
> Stuffed if I know why it didn`t the first time though :-}
>
> --
> Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
> --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 1:42:14 AM

> I'm having trouble with mobile phone tools , can only seem to synchronise
> phone book. Imkeep getting transfer failed if i try to transfer pics, mp3
> ringtones etc. What software are you using please?

I`m just using the regular drivers that came with my bluetooth device,
under win98se

I haven't tried reinstalling it on winXP yet, but its given me major
headaches on my wifes' machine, not recognising the phone at all, and
only giving me one available protocol.

January 9, 2005 3:43:34 AM

When you upgrade to XP SP2 it replaces the drivers with its own - MS Article 883258
Pat.
>> I'm having trouble with mobile phone tools , can only seem to synchronise
>> phone book. Imkeep getting transfer failed if i try to transfer pics, mp3
>> ringtones etc. What software are you using please?
>
> I`m just using the regular drivers that came with my bluetooth device,
> under win98se
>
> I haven't tried reinstalling it on winXP yet, but its given me major
> headaches on my wifes' machine, not recognising the phone at all, and
> only giving me one available protocol.
>
> --
> Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
> --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 7:21:20 PM

> When you upgrade to XP SP2 it replaces the drivers with its own - MS Article 883258

Ahhh ok, thanks for the tip-off - still doesn`t work though :-}