Sign in with
Your question

Can't reach tcfbank.com with Asus RT-N16 - running out of ideas

Last response: in Networking
November 29, 2012 8:36:40 PM

Hi,

About a month ago I replaced my old WRT-54g with the Asus router. Ever since then I can't get to tcfbank.com or their ip address 12.69.145.234 . I am pretty sure there is some setting I am missing in the router, as it works if I by-pass the router. I also have the problem with multiple machines and multiple browsers on the same network.

I have had this problem with both DD-WRT and Tomato installed - I currently have Tomato on it. I have reset the router to factory/default settings with no improvement.

Any ideas??

Thanks!
December 3, 2012 11:48:32 AM

Put the factory firmware back on and am still having this problem.
December 3, 2012 11:55:51 AM

I would bet there is some form of NAT issue with that site. Try to place one of your machines in the DMZ and see if it helps at all....not that I would run that way long term.
Related resources
December 3, 2012 12:10:16 PM

That didn't seem to help. Think it's a problem with their site? Or something on my end?
December 3, 2012 12:15:14 PM

this is the error I am getting in Chrome:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
December 3, 2012 12:48:26 PM

The router must be doing something but since it is only this one site it must be something unusual.

Depends how much work you want to do. You could try to run wireshark and capture traffic with the router in the path and not. Maybe you get lucky and something will stand out. I suspect the actual traffic stream will be encrypted so if the problem is in the application you won't be able to see it and you will be back to guessing the cause.
December 3, 2012 12:56:44 PM

What would be your next step? Replace the router again?
!