Unlocking v300... not very clear.

QUOTE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://tinyurl.com/4w3ph will take you a page at www.shopoem.com that
has Mobile Phone Tools for just $13.99. Note that they sell different
versions bundled with different cables at different prices so check
all
the pages there to find what's best for you. If you don't care about
the cable just buy the $13.99 version of the software as it will
automatically upgrade to the latest version (3.19e today) when you
install it and you will have a legal, registered and supportable
version. Also note that the cable for v60 can also be used for the
v300, v400, v500 and v600 models - but NOT for the v3 which uses a
standard mini-USB connector.

Will this cable let me unlock my v300. I got it from someone on the
same network as me but my sim won't work in it without 'unlock code'.
Can the cable read the code from the phone? Or is there a button to
press that will make it work. How do the companies that advertise
unlocking for this phone do it?

I'd like to get the cable anyway for transferring pictures and thought
I might be able to use it to unlock too.

Thanks everyone.
5 answers Last reply
More about unlocking v300 clear

    You need a OEM USB Motorola cable the one that you can plug the power cord
    into at the phone connector
    What you will have to do is a ReFlash and Reflex
    Try these two forums
    http://www.howardforums.com/index.php?s=
    and then here
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=5 these places can answer
    your questions and sometimes have "how to" posts the second one is more open
    to the Unlocking
    I have a Box that unlocks your type of phone in about 3 mins but I paid 90$
    for it.
    "alanthecat" <nospam@alanthecat.com> wrote in message
    > QUOTE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    > http://tinyurl.com/4w3ph will take you a page at www.shopoem.com that
    > has Mobile Phone Tools for just $13.99. Note that they sell different
    > versions bundled with different cables at different prices so check
    > all
    > the pages there to find what's best for you. If you don't care about
    > the cable just buy the $13.99 version of the software as it will
    > automatically upgrade to the latest version (3.19e today) when you
    > install it and you will have a legal, registered and supportable
    > version. Also note that the cable for v60 can also be used for the
    > v300, v400, v500 and v600 models - but NOT for the v3 which uses a
    > standard mini-USB connector.
    >

    > Will this cable let me unlock my v300. I got it from someone on the
    > same network as me but my sim won't work in it without 'unlock code'.
    > Can the cable read the code from the phone? Or is there a button to
    > press that will make it work. How do the companies that advertise
    > unlocking for this phone do it?
    >
    > I'd like to get the cable anyway for transferring pictures and thought
    > I might be able to use it to unlock too.
    >

    > Thanks everyone.

    I thought that there was a code that could be calculated based on the
    IMEI that could be punched in to unlock the phone with the need for a
    cable.

    From:Fester
    raven_wood@homeDOT.com

    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > I thought that there was a code that could be calculated based on the
    > IMEI that could be punched in to unlock the phone with the need for a
    > cable.

    There is. Cell providers have this capability.

    Of course I meant to say withOUT a cable in my previous post. In
    addition to cell providers there seem to be a lot of people on the net
    and, specifically ebay, who offer the code for a few dollars.

    From:Todd Copeland
    todd@copelandhome.net

    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >> I thought that there was a code that could be calculated based on the
    >> IMEI that could be punched in to unlock the phone with the need for a
    >> cable.
    >
    > There is. Cell providers have this capability.

    I know that there is but I want all the branding gone too
    I know that T-Mobile is good about doing it
    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > I thought that there was a code that could be calculated based on the
    > IMEI that could be punched in to unlock the phone with the need for a
    > cable.
    >
    > From:Fester
    > raven_wood@homeDOT.com
    >
    > > You need a OEM USB Motorola cable the one that you can plug the power
    > > cord into at the phone connector
    > > What you will have to do is a ReFlash and Reflex
    > > Try these two forums
    > > http://www.howardforums.com/index.php?s=
    > > and then here
    > > http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=5 these places can
    > > answer your questions and sometimes have "how to" posts the second
    > > one is more open to the Unlocking
    > > I have a Box that unlocks your type of phone in about 3 mins but I
    > > paid 90$ for it.
    > > "alanthecat" <nospam@alanthecat.com> wrote in message
    > >> QUOTE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    > >> http://tinyurl.com/4w3ph will take you a page at www.shopoem.com that
    > >> has Mobile Phone Tools for just $13.99. Note that they sell
    > >> different versions bundled with different cables at different prices
    > >> so check all
    > >> the pages there to find what's best for you. If you don't care about
    > >> the cable just buy the $13.99 version of the software as it will
    > >> automatically upgrade to the latest version (3.19e today) when you
    > >> install it and you will have a legal, registered and supportable
    > >> version. Also note that the cable for v60 can also be used for the
    > >> v300, v400, v500 and v600 models - but NOT for the v3 which uses a
    > >> standard mini-USB connector.
    > >>

    > >> Will this cable let me unlock my v300. I got it from someone on the
    > >> same network as me but my sim won't work in it without 'unlock code'.
    > >> Can the cable read the code from the phone? Or is there a button to
    > >> press that will make it work. How do the companies that advertise
    > >> unlocking for this phone do it?
    > >>
    > >> I'd like to get the cable anyway for transferring pictures and
    > >> thought I might be able to use it to unlock too.
    > >>

    > >> Thanks everyone.

Motorola Phones Cable Product