F4 AF Patch Out

What is the auto updater? I looked at the web site, nothing there. Thanks
"rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Use the auto updater

fisher

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:58:49 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:

>What is the auto updater? I looked at the web site, nothing there. Thanks

Look in your game shortcuts. It's called "Falcon 4.0 Allied Force
Update Check" - run that and have the game cdrom in the drive at the
time.

So, I have been playing this game for about 3 weeks, and it works decent.
But i still can't find your shortcut you mentioned. I looked in the setup
area, nothing. Went to the hard drive and looked under most files, nothing.
Put the cd back in and all it asks it for me to install or modify. Where is
it? Thanks

"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:58:49 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:
>
>>What is the auto updater? I looked at the web site, nothing there.
>>Thanks
>
> Look in your game shortcuts. It's called "Falcon 4.0 Allied Force
> Update Check" - run that and have the game cdrom in the drive at the
> time.

I don't have a shortcut either..

You need to run C:\Program Files\Lead
Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\bfopsupdate.exe with the CD in the
drive (assumeing you installed to default dir).

Icer

>On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:37:54 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:
>So, I have been playing this game for about 3 weeks, and it works decent.
>But i still can't find your shortcut you mentioned. I looked in the setup
>area, nothing. Went to the hard drive and looked under most files, nothing.
>Put the cd back in and all it asks it for me to install or modify. Where is
>it? Thanks
>
>"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:58:49 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:
>>
>>>What is the auto updater? I looked at the web site, nothing there.
>>>Thanks
>>
>> Look in your game shortcuts. It's called "Falcon 4.0 Allied Force
>> Update Check" - run that and have the game cdrom in the drive at the
>> time.

fisher

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:37:54 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:

>So, I have been playing this game for about 3 weeks, and it works decent.
>But i still can't find your shortcut you mentioned. I looked in the setup
>area, nothing. Went to the hard drive and looked under most files, nothing.
>Put the cd back in and all it asks it for me to install or modify. Where is
>it? Thanks

Mine is in the Start Menu/F4AF shortcut menu. Follow GPatricks
instructions instead.

I don't have the directory "Battlefield Operations"

I found bfopsup.date.exe directly in my "Lead Pursuit" directory which is at
C:\ Falcon 4 Allied Force\FalconAF.exe

I have a directory: BFOps.zip whick includes BFOps-notes.txt and
FalconAF.rpt and FalconAF.dmp.

Does anyone know if this is an error in my setup. From my disk I set Lead
Pursuit direct to C:

Thanks,

Robert Bobic
"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>I don't have a shortcut either..
>
> You need to run C:\Program Files\Lead
> Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\bfopsupdate.exe with the CD in the
> drive (assumeing you installed to default dir).
>
> Icer
>
>>On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:37:54 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:
>>So, I have been playing this game for about 3 weeks, and it works decent.
>>But i still can't find your shortcut you mentioned. I looked in the setup
>>area, nothing. Went to the hard drive and looked under most files,
>>nothing.
>>Put the cd back in and all it asks it for me to install or modify. Where
>>is
>>it? Thanks
>>
>>"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message

>>> Look in your game shortcuts. It's called "Falcon 4.0 Allied Force
>>> Update Check" - run that and have the game cdrom in the drive at the
>>> time.

BP

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:44:39 GMT, "Robert Bobic"
<rbobic@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>I don't have the directory "Battlefield Operations"
>
>I found bfopsup.date.exe directly in my "Lead Pursuit" directory which is at
>C:\ Falcon 4 Allied Force\FalconAF.exe
>
>I have a directory: BFOps.zip whick includes BFOps-notes.txt and
>FalconAF.rpt and FalconAF.dmp.
>
>Does anyone know if this is an error in my setup. From my disk I set Lead
>Pursuit direct to C:
It doesn't matter where it is just run it!

>Thanks,
>
>Robert Bobic
>"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>>I don't have a shortcut either..
>>
>> You need to run C:\Program Files\Lead
>> Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\bfopsupdate.exe with the CD in the
>> drive (assumeing you installed to default dir).
>>
>> Icer
>>
>>>On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:37:54 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:
>>>So, I have been playing this game for about 3 weeks, and it works decent.
>>>But i still can't find your shortcut you mentioned. I looked in the setup
>>>area, nothing. Went to the hard drive and looked under most files,
>>>nothing.
>>>Put the cd back in and all it asks it for me to install or modify. Where
>>>is
>>>it? Thanks
>>>
>>>"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message

BP

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:06:01 -0400, G. Patricks
<GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote:

>I don't have a shortcut either..
>
>You need to run C:\Program Files\Lead
>Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\bfopsupdate.exe with the CD in the
>drive (assumeing you installed to default dir).

The file (bfopsupdate.exe) is in the root directory you installed the
game to and you don't need the CD in to update.
>Icer
>
>>On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:37:54 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:
>>So, I have been playing this game for about 3 weeks, and it works decent.
>>But i still can't find your shortcut you mentioned. I looked in the setup
>>area, nothing. Went to the hard drive and looked under most files, nothing.
>>Put the cd back in and all it asks it for me to install or modify. Where is
>>it? Thanks
>>
>>"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message

>>> Look in your game shortcuts. It's called "Falcon 4.0 Allied Force
>>> Update Check" - run that and have the game cdrom in the drive at the
>>> time.

THank you much for your help
"G. Patricks" <GPatricks@nospamforme.com> wrote in message
>I don't have a shortcut either..
>
> You need to run C:\Program Files\Lead
> Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\bfopsupdate.exe with the CD in the
> drive (assumeing you installed to default dir).
>
> Icer
>
>>On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:37:54 GMT, "DR" <duklvr@tekstar.com> wrote:
>>So, I have been playing this game for about 3 weeks, and it works decent.
>>But i still can't find your shortcut you mentioned. I looked in the setup
>>area, nothing. Went to the hard drive and looked under most files,
>>nothing.
>>Put the cd back in and all it asks it for me to install or modify. Where
>>is
>>it? Thanks
>>
>>"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message

>>> Look in your game shortcuts. It's called "Falcon 4.0 Allied Force
>>> Update Check" - run that and have the game cdrom in the drive at the
>>> time.

fisher

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:45:36 -0400, bp@home.net wrote:

>The file (bfopsupdate.exe) is in the root directory you installed the
>game to and you don't need the CD in to update.

It asked me to put the cdrom in the drive when I did the update.

BP

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:39:42 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:45:36 -0400, bp@home.net wrote:
>

>>The file (bfopsupdate.exe) is in the root directory you installed the
>>game to and you don't need the CD in to update.
>
>It asked me to put the cdrom in the drive when I did the update.
hmm mine didn't

<bp@home.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> The file (bfopsupdate.exe) is in the root directory you installed the
> game to and you don't need the CD in to update.

I certainly did. Have the CD nearby, just in case.

Don't we have a link to an exe to download? If we're depending on an
update site for our latest version of F4AF into the future.... well
that ain't so good...

fisher

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:23:30 -0400, bp@home.net wrote:

>hmm mine didn't

Strange, it looks like there are different versions of F4AF out there
because I had a shorcut to the update file installed to my start menu
and yet other people didn't. When I did the patch update it asked for
the cdrom and afterwards it placed new shortcuts in the start menu
because I had moved the old shortcuts to a different location.

ryandylanr@yahoo.com wrote:
> Don't we have a link to an exe to download? If we're depending on an
> update site for our latest version of F4AF into the future.... well
> that ain't so good...

I disagree. We're looking to Lead Pursuit to shoulder the burden of
updating F4 for the forseeable future, so why wouldn't we also rely on
them to supply an update site?

I think the whole point behind their auto-update feature (wchich
admittendly isn't all that "auto") is to remove the resposibility from
the end user for having to locate, download and apply the patch themselves.

James

"James Calivar" <amheiserbush@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> ryandylanr@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Don't we have a link to an exe to download? If we're depending on an
>> update site for our latest version of F4AF into the future.... well
>> that ain't so good...
>>

> I disagree. We're looking to Lead Pursuit to shoulder the burden of
> updating F4 for the forseeable future, so why wouldn't we also rely on
> them to supply an update site?
>
> I think the whole point behind their auto-update feature (wchich
> admittendly isn't all that "auto") is to remove the resposibility from the
> end user for having to locate, download and apply the patch themselves.

Agreed!!!!

--

gcisko@hotmail.com

Great. So what happens if Lead Pursuit goes out of business, they stop
providing the updating service and we don't have executable patch
files? It has happened with other titles, which are now shelfware
because the web-based update service no longer exists and I upgraded my
PC in the meantime.

They should allow us to take the files down and store them locally.

Yeah, its a real PITA to run the updater. What I want is for F4 Patch
to come out for it so we can all have exactly what we want from any of
hundreds of download spots! Compatability is vastly overblown..

Icer

>On 30 Jul 2005 10:49:13 -0700, ryandylanr@yahoo.com wrote:
>Don't we have a link to an exe to download? If we're depending on an
>update site for our latest version of F4AF into the future.... well
>that ain't so good...

Hmmm..

1. Lead Pursuit goes away, and there are no more new patches for the
updater to automatically install.

2. Lead Pursuit goes away. and there are no more new patches to
install on the 500 download sites..

Do you think, if they did go out, that the patches already released
would not be made available? Concidering one othe the top people in
Lead Pursuit CREATED F4 Patch I somehow doubt it..

Icer

>On 1 Aug 2005 02:52:53 -0700, ryandylanr@yahoo.com wrote:
>Great. So what happens if Lead Pursuit goes out of business, they stop
>providing the updating service and we don't have executable patch
>files? It has happened with other titles, which are now shelfware
>because the web-based update service no longer exists and I upgraded my
>PC in the meantime.
>
>They should allow us to take the files down and store them locally.

You wouldn't have to be so uncertain as to doubt one way or the other
if the patch was simply available to download directly. Why don't they
just host it for direct download somewhere as well? To stop people
putting a second install on their work machines?

ryandylanr@yahoo.com wrote:
> You wouldn't have to be so uncertain as to doubt one way or the other
> if the patch was simply available to download directly. Why don't they
> just host it for direct download somewhere as well? To stop people
> putting a second install on their work machines?

No, that's what StarForce is for. :)

ryandylanr@yahoo.com wrote:
> Great. So what happens if Lead Pursuit goes out of business, they stop
> providing the updating service and we don't have executable patch
> files? It has happened with other titles, which are now shelfware
> because the web-based update service no longer exists and I upgraded my
> PC in the meantime.
>
> They should allow us to take the files down and store them locally.

I guess I can't disagree with you there, but if today is any indication,
LP should be around for a while.

ryandylanr@yahoo.com wrote:

> Don't we have a link to an exe to download? If we're depending on an
> update site for our latest version of F4AF into the future.... well
> that ain't so good...

http://updates.lead-pursuit.com/bfops-patch-1.0.2.MSP

[quote Joe Bierling]:
Then at a command line:
msiexec /p bfops-patch-1.0.2.MSP REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus
[/quote]

hth
michi