Not good...!!!

Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Ive been running a program, called Hardware Monitor.
The temperatures shown there, are the same as in my system bios. I get around 25* for my Motherboard, and different temps for the CPU.

I just installed MB Probe, and the thing went nuts.
My MB is supposed to be at 45*, and half my voltages are in the red...
Well, it shouldnt be right, since Bios shows a different thing, but one of the voltages is also in red in Hardware Monitor.
I CORE voltage is at 1.67V. I dont know what the normal is. what could cause this? Should I get a new PSU?

First....can you post the mobo, CPU, PSU and OS your have please. It's so difficult to diagnose at this level, and I'm not about to use the Force on this one, and let my secret out.

DOH!!!

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=324" target="_new">My System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
System temps in my experience are pretty meaningless. Why?

A. There is alot of error involved, in the reporting or reading of the temp by hardware AND software, even with internal chip sensors. For instance its known on my epox board reads high.

B. Every system is different. My old cpu and board died at 52C everytime. The new lot can get past 70C. In reality they are proabably the same real temp.

C. That program of yours is obviously reading the wrong sensors. It happens. You should be able to correct it.

D. 1.67v... thats nice... WHAT processor are you running?

E. Does your system lockup under load? Does it spontaneously shutdown or reboot? NO? Dont worry about it!

<b>LHGPooBaa + Evil Hamster Sidekick: Serving Toms Hardware community for 2 years as of the 11th of November</b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Relax. Your system is ok.
Its obvious that this new program is reading all the wrong values, and thus is tossing a hissy-fit.

You should be able to reconfigure the program to detect the right temperature and voltages lines.

<b>LHGPooBaa + Evil Hamster Sidekick: Serving Toms Hardware community for 2 years as of the 11th of November</b>

UsHeR_564

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2002
Most of those add on hardware monitors have a feature to allow you to select the proper thermocouple for it to read. If you pick the wrong thermocouple, guess what? Readings will be off! As the guy said, go back and look in setup and see if there are multiple thermocouples listed and if so, keep changing until you find one that matches the readings you have in the BIOS.

UsHeR_564

"You can run, but your punk ass will only die tired!"

Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Actually, I uninstalled all the other programs except for the one that worked, since it was my favorite one anyway.
Nevertheless, I'm getting a bigger PSU soon, so I dont have much to worry.