Saitek X-52 - F4AF configuration file?

Has anybody got a good setup for the X52 with F4:AF?

it has been a LONG time since I've been into combat sims, so long that
I just retired my TM FLCS in favor of a new X52. Not thrilled with
the configuraiton they have on their site: In the heat of battle
you're supposed to take hand off the stick or throttle to release
chaff/flare? No, I don't think so.

I figgure somebody has done some work on it - any chance you might
share (or point me in a direction where I might find a good one)?

Thanks in advance,
"Riker"

"Riker" <dot@dot.com> wrote in message
> Has anybody got a good setup for the X52 with F4:AF?
>
> it has been a LONG time since I've been into combat sims, so long that
> I just retired my TM FLCS in favor of a new X52. Not thrilled with
> the configuraiton they have on their site: In the heat of battle
> you're supposed to take hand off the stick or throttle to release
> chaff/flare? No, I don't think so.
>
> I figgure somebody has done some work on it - any chance you might
> share (or point me in a direction where I might find a good one)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> "Riker"

Try this yahoo group and look in the" files" section. You will have to join
first

http://tinyurl.com/dkjom

> Has anybody got a good setup for the X52 with F4:AF?
>
> it has been a LONG time since I've been into combat sims, so long that
> I just retired my TM FLCS in favor of a new X52. Not thrilled with
> the configuraiton they have on their site: In the heat of battle
> you're supposed to take hand off the stick or throttle to release
> chaff/flare? No, I don't think so.
>
> I figgure somebody has done some work on it - any chance you might
> share (or point me in a direction where I might find a good one)?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> "Riker"

I have not found anything decent yet. I find it amazing that such a
supposedly great flight control system has no decent profiles available for
it. EVERY profile I have come across, including on the Saitek site has the
same profile for all three modes! Why is this, especially from the company
itself! Don't you think they'd want to maximize the potential and advertised
features by utilizing all three modes effectively, and by supporting those
advanced games, such as F4:AF/FS2004/X-plane that could use the capabilities
of this system?
Saitek advertised that there are hundreds of profiles available in the
manual that comes with the system... yet on the disk are only 15 or so
profiles... and the same profiles on their website, and no more!
I really don't understand why Saitek keeps screwing up in the
software/configuration section of their business.
John

Joe

I find it amazing that all who use the Saitek HOTAS (or the Thrustmaster for
that matter) does not have the exact profile he/she wishes.

If you really want to know why someone else has not made a profile you find
acceptable first examine and list the reasons why YOU have not made a
profile you find acceptable. To that list of reasons why YOU have not made a
profile you find acceptable add one more; "They do not know and likely do
not care what YOU want. Now you know the reasons why THEY have not :made a
profile you find acceptable

"EVERY profile you have come across" is presumably sutible to the person
that made it. If the profile he/she created does not meet your standards the
programing software he/she used to create it is available to you as well.
If you have a definate picture in mind of what you want the creation of the
profile to match your vision is the work of mere minutes. This will get you
your profile much quicker than hoping someone else out there:

1. has bought and is using a Saitek X52
2. has bought and is playing F4:AF and not some other sim.
3. like you is not satisfied with existing profiles made by others
4. has the ambition to make his own
5. has preferences identical to your own.
6. Uploads his finished work

Boot up the programing software and take a look in those X52 profiles you
have downloaded. You will likely find pretty much every command in the game
has been already programmed by the author. All you have to do is spend a few
minutes to arrange the commands as YOU like them.

If the authors of the profiles you have were feeling a little lazy and did
not program all the commands in the game download a few profiles for the X45
Falcon 4. X45 profiles will load up fine in the X52 programmer. All
programmed commands will be there but none of the commands will be assigned
to any buttons. Thus you have clean canvas upon whch to work your artestry.

If you really want your profile you can have it in about an hour.

"John A. Mason" <jamason56@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I have not found anything decent yet. I find it amazing that such a
> supposedly great flight control system has no decent profiles available
> for it. EVERY profile I have come across, including on the Saitek site has
> the same profile for all three modes! Why is this, especially from the
> company itself! Don't you think they'd want to maximize the potential and
> advertised features by utilizing all three modes effectively, and by
> supporting those advanced games, such as F4:AF/FS2004/X-plane that could
> use the capabilities of this system?
> Saitek advertised that there are hundreds of profiles available in the
> manual that comes with the system... yet on the disk are only 15 or so
> profiles... and the same profiles on their website, and no more!
> I really don't understand why Saitek keeps screwing up in the
> software/configuration section of their business.
> John

Thanks Leadfoot - that's just what I was looking for!

See 'ya in the not-so-friendly skies.

Riker

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:29:06 -0700, "leadfoot" <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

>"Riker" <dot@dot.com> wrote in message
>> Has anybody got a good setup for the X52 with F4:AF?
>>
>> it has been a LONG time since I've been into combat sims, so long that
>> I just retired my TM FLCS in favor of a new X52. Not thrilled with
>> the configuraiton they have on their site: In the heat of battle
>> you're supposed to take hand off the stick or throttle to release
>> chaff/flare? No, I don't think so.
>>
>> I figgure somebody has done some work on it - any chance you might
>> share (or point me in a direction where I might find a good one)?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> "Riker"
>
>Try this yahoo group and look in the" files" section. You will have to join
>first

>http://tinyurl.com/dkjom

Nobody is asking for the 'exact profile' they want.

In this case all I did was ASK if someone had one they'd like to
share. I'm sure that after downloading one I will find things to
modify as time goes on. That's the fun of having a programmable
system.

The learning curve on F4:AF is pretty steep, especially for someone
like me who hasn't flown a comat sim in 8 years (or maybe has never
flown one before). Having a decent starting point for building a
decent (not necesarily 'exact') configuration for a brand-new
controller can only help get those of us new to F4:AF and any other
flight/combat sim in the air faster.

Now that someone was kind enough to point me in the right direction I
am sure I'll have something more useable in less than an hour, which
is far better than what I'd have been able to do in twice that time
starting from scratch.

THAT is all I was looking for.