Software update downloads

My desktop wireless network correctly lets me know if
software updates are available and I can download them
over my cable modem

The problem is with my laptop ( Windows 98 ). The
wireless card is getting me into the internet. I am told
that updates are available. However when I try to
download and install a message appears that tells me I
can not get the updates while connected to the network.
It suggests I try getting the updates through another
computer in the network. Since I don't have another
computer in the network HOW DO I GET THE UPDATES???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

joker

It sounds like the firmware update which you want to install in a wired
connection.

Dave K wrote:
> My desktop wireless network correctly lets me know if
> software updates are available and I can download them
> over my cable modem
>
> The problem is with my laptop ( Windows 98 ). The
> wireless card is getting me into the internet. I am told
> that updates are available. However when I try to
> download and install a message appears that tells me I
> can not get the updates while connected to the network.
> It suggests I try getting the updates through another
> computer in the network. Since I don't have another
> computer in the network HOW DO I GET THE UPDATES???
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

PaulO

If it's the firmware, you can get around it by
downloading it from the microsoft web site manually and
then installing. I never know the URL of the page, and
typically do a search for MN500 or MN700 in the microsoft
web site and get to the driver download page.