TV vs. Computer

Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Here is something that might interest some of you.
It certainly interests me...:p

In my room, I have a TV with one of those room antennas, since there is no arial plug in the wall in my room.

So, whenever I turn on my computer, the TV goes nuts. There are waves gonig up and down the screen, and all the channels change order...!! ( They change order, or go away completely...)
Funny thing is, when I turn my comp off, it goes back to normal.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I must advise you then that operating your computer is a felony. FCC regulation makes it a federal offense to operate such devices when they interfer with communications devices. You have a case which is not FCC approved. It's not shielded properly.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
cuff him crash! We will setup a public beating of the offender. :lol:

btw it must suck to have your computer play with your tv, I wonder if those case mods with the windows do the same or not. Seen a nice case and the whole side was a window.

<font color=red>Got a silent setup, now I can hear myself thinking.... great silence</font color=red>

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
A poor arial and/or cables/plugs may be responsible for picking up unwanted emmissions.
I have seen it before, with a TV plugged to the wall connector. I had faint interference. After I replaced the cables and connectors to some high quality shielded once, the interference dissappeared.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There's a reason why most cases have those knockout metal covers or snap in metal covers over the drive bays and under the plastic.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>