LOMAC - Alive

Hey All,

Is anyone still playin lomac? I have only just recently got into it
and I think it's over for everyone else....

Gotta love the flanker and the Mig. It actually flies like you are in
a fighter not a cessna... Even if my pc has most of the detail off...

I would like some more campaigns, if anyone could point me in the right
direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers
James

Lawsy wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Is anyone still playin lomac? I have only just recently got into it
> and I think it's over for everyone else....

I tried the demo again and was finally able to figure out how to get
deadzone for my joystick. In the past, I could not control flight and
gave up on it. Now waiting for delivery in next few days. At least the
price now is cheap. I already dl the 1.02 patch in antic. My machine
barely meets min. requirements for the game but I believe I can play it
with what i have.

> Gotta love the flanker and the Mig. It actually flies like you are in
> a fighter not a cessna... Even if my pc has most of the detail off...
>
> I would like some more campaigns, if anyone could point me in the right
> direction would be much appreciated.

I believe more is in the works for the game in Russia now- I believe
ubi no longer is supporting the game. Do a seach for lomac and you will
find all sorts of resources on it.
At a min., you should add the patch to bring it current and fix the
reported bugs.
> Cheers
> James

Thanks - I have patched to 1.02 and it runs pretty well - I only have a
P4, 2G with 512 Ram and a 9700 pro.

I run at 1280 x 1024 with most stuff on low and it looks and feels
excellent. I noticed flaming cliffs but I am more of an A to A buff.
It will be a while before I get tired of the Flanker and the Mig. I'm
really over american fighters - I look forward to knocking them down in
multiplayer.... :)

Cheers

James

In article <1123119072.825771.190880@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
vedder@transfieldservices.com (Lawsy) wrote:

> Is anyone still playin lomac?

http://forum.lockon.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=33 is the centre of the
LOMAC universe these days. Spend a few hours trawling through the
posts and you'll be up to speed with the state of play.

Must admit I haven't touched it in quite a while... or any other sim
for that matter. I think I may be ill... or growing up or something.
It's all rather worrying.

Andrew McP

jp

"Lawsy" <vedder@transfieldservices.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> Is anyone still playin lomac? I have only just recently got into it
> and I think it's over for everyone else....
>
> Gotta love the flanker and the Mig. It actually flies like you are in
> a fighter not a cessna... Even if my pc has most of the detail off...
>
> I would like some more campaigns, if anyone could point me in the right
> direction would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> James

Was Lomac ever alive ? <g>

"Lawsy" <vedder@transfieldservices.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone still playin lomac? I have only just recently got into it
> and I think it's over for everyone else....

I gave up on it very quickly since it used to run fine then all of a sudden
get really jerky for no apparent reason. If I switched to a view of an AI
aircraft it would run smooth again, but back in the player craft and it'd
freeze. These weren't swap-file disk accesses. Never did solve the problem
so I canned it.

Si

Arizona

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2005

The best site for LOMAC news:

http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?lang=en

Check the english forums

Good sites for campaigns, add-ons, etc:

http://www.lomacfiles.com/index.php

http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/ (good news here too)

http://digilander.libero.it/lockon/download.html

Also take a look at the Flaming Cliffs Add-on (requires LOMAC):

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/product-LockOn11.html

"Lawsy" <vedder@transfieldservices.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> Is anyone still playin lomac? I have only just recently got into it
> and I think it's over for everyone else....
>
> Gotta love the flanker and the Mig. It actually flies like you are in
> a fighter not a cessna... Even if my pc has most of the detail off...
>
> I would like some more campaigns, if anyone could point me in the right
> direction would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> James

ste

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2002

Didn't have the Engine Heat blur and anti-aliasing on did you? Can only have
one or the other with lomac, pity really.

Just a thought

Nate

In article <M1xIe.3426$R5.679@news.indigo.ie>, ghj.hu@ujgh (Ste)
wrote:

> Didn't have the Engine Heat blur and anti-aliasing on did you?
> Can only have one or the other with lomac, pity really.

Not sure about that. I ran with both fine with ATI cards. The
jerkiness in question is probably the sim loading more high
detail textures as you move across the landscape.

Andrew McP

"Andrew MacPherson" <andrew.mcp@DELETETHISdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Not sure about that. I ran with both fine with ATI cards. The
> jerkiness in question is probably the sim loading more high
> detail textures as you move across the landscape.

No, I don't think it was, because it would stop and start depending on what
I was looking at. For instance I could close head-on with an F-14 and as
soon as it got within 1/4 mile it would start stuttering. If I then switch
to an external view to look at the F-14 it'd free up again. It seemed more
relation to m foriximity to other aircraft and AI objects. Sometimes it'd
just free up of it's own for a few seconds and then continue. Machine spec
is a P4-3GHz with 1Gb dual-DDR and an ATI 9600 Pro.

To be honest I'm not that bothered. Even when it did run well I found the
mission system so stale that I didn't really want to get really involved in
the game. The gfx and sense of flight are fantastic and it's good for a few
mintes free-flight in a jet (better imho than Falcon for that) but Falcon's
just so much more of an involving experience.

Si