Internet ok on W Xp but no internet on W7

hhf

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
hello!
i have a EDIMAX BR-6228nS 150Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n Broadband Router, i managed to set it up on windows Xp and its working ok, but on the same PC on the second OS - Windows 7, i can't get out on the internet.

On Windows 7:
if i have the connection on automatic ip configuration i can't connect to router interface (192.168.2.1)
if i set the network connection with static ip (192.168.100) - the range of ip addresses of the dhcp server on the router- i can access the router interface, but i can't get to internet.

i tried without any firewalls and still not working.

what is the problem with WIndows 7?

RealBeast

Titan
Don't use a static address unless you also set that as static or reserved dynamic in your router too.

Does your Windows 7 wireless adapter show up as working properly in the device manager? Do you have the latest Windows 7 driver for that specific adapter in the Win 7 install?

In the system tray do you see that wireless networks are available? Is the Windows 7 computer using the same security and encryption type as the router and do you have the correct security pass phrase entered into the computer?

hhf

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2011
i have resolved the problem. in WIndows 7 i set the network interface with a static ip address from the dhcp permitted pool, the router as the default gateway, and the new thing the DNS (it works with any DNS) i think that,previously, the router did not set the DNS, even when on the network connection settings it was on automatic.