System and Program memory on Clie NX80V -- What does this ..

a b } Memory
May 24, 2004 1:37:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Recently upgraded to NX80V. After I'd loaded all of my previous pda
data on, the file manager shows I have ~9.9MB free RAM.

When I tap on the memory stick icon next to the battery icon, the
"media info" box comes up. WHen I select Device = Handheld, I get the
following:

System Memory
Size: 8.0MB (7.5MB Free)

Program Memory
Size: 16.0MB (9.3MB Free)

Can anyone tell me the above represents? Does the system memory mean
ROM? The math doesn't quite add up (I have 9.9MB free in RAM, but the
above dialog shows 9.3+7.5=16.8MB of free memory). Any help as to
what these mean and how to use them would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 24, 2004 11:52:27 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.handhelds,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On 24 May 2004 09:37:25 -0700, mmbjeff had this to say...

> Recently upgraded to NX80V. After I'd loaded all of my previous pda
> data on, the file manager shows I have ~9.9MB free RAM.
>
> When I tap on the memory stick icon next to the battery icon, the
> "media info" box comes up. WHen I select Device = Handheld, I get the
> following:
>
> System Memory
> Size: 8.0MB (7.5MB Free)
>
> Program Memory
> Size: 16.0MB (9.3MB Free)
>
> Can anyone tell me the above represents? Does the system memory mean
> ROM? The math doesn't quite add up (I have 9.9MB free in RAM, but the
> above dialog shows 9.3+7.5=16.8MB of free memory). Any help as to
> what these mean and how to use them would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

System memory is RAM allocated by the system for system things, you
can't use it.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson