MICROSOFT NETWORKING WIRELESS

Craig

I HAVE AN EXISTING WIRELESS NETWORK MICROSOFT BASESTATION
MN-500. HOW CAN I ADD ANOTHER COMPUTER TO THE NETWORK,
BUT WITH AN ETHERNET WIRE RIGHT TO THE BASESTATION, IN
ADDITION TO THE WIRELESS ADAPTER I HAVE ON ANOTHER
COMPUTER IN THE HOUSE? WHEN INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, WHAT
ADAPTER DO I CHOOSE IF I'M SIMPLY PLUGGING AN ETHERNET
CABLE INTO THE BACK OF THE COMP? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
PLEASE RETURN ANY IDEAS OR ANYTHING TO ME THANX!!

you should not install the software if you already have set up the
base station. just plug the adapter in.

BTW, do you see anyone else posting in all CAPS? it is considered
shouting.

On Fri, 7 May 2004 19:27:59 -0700, "CRAIG"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Craig

Thank you, srry bout the caps, i didn't mean anything by
them. One more question- once it's plugged in, do i have
to set any thing up or change settings on the computer?

you should not have to change anything, provided you have not changed
the default settings for the wired connection previously. it should
"just work"

On Sat, 8 May 2004 13:00:21 -0700, "Craig"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

Craig

i'm sorry to be taking up your time, however it doesn't
work, and i don't think i changed anything, but in case i
did, what settings should say what?

what operating system are you using?
what brand and model network card are you using?
try a different port on the base station?

On Sat, 8 May 2004 14:29:33 -0700, "Craig"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

that computer is windows 98
the network is a microsoft bradband networking wireless
basestation mn-500
i don't know how to get info on the network card in the
computer
i tried all ports on the basestation, the status light
blinks, as does the one on the network card in the
computer(steady green light)

was that machine previously using dialup? can you set it to never dial
a connection?

can you run winipcfg from the start menu and select the drop down
arrow on the right until you see the ethernet adapter and copy that
information into a reply?

On Sat, 8 May 2004 18:47:02 -0700,

--
Barb Bowman