F4AF: How work CH Pedals

Last response: in Video Games
August 8, 2005 5:26:53 AM

I can't get the CH rudder pedals to work with Allied Force.

I have a Logitech joy stick. If I buy a CH joystick can I get the rudder
pedals to work?

Thanks,

Robert Bobic

More about : f4af work pedals

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 5:26:54 AM

Yes... CH manager software (came with your CH pedals and also with a CH
stick) combines the devices into one virtual stick seen by windows....
"Robert Bobic" <rbobic@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>I can't get the CH rudder pedals to work with Allied Force.
>
> I have a Logitech joy stick. If I buy a CH joystick can I get the rudder
> pedals to work?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Robert Bobic

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:37:40 AM

CH Manager works like a charm. There is one catch. You have to
'download' the combined virtual stick each time you reboot. No biggie.
Just have to remember to do it before running Allied Force. Other
than that, the software is a lifesaver especially if you get the urge
to fly older games that didn't support multiple devices.

FYI - I stopped using both rudder pedals and Tir w/ allied force. Both
became more of pain. Due to the nature of jet flying, I didn't seem to
need both devices like I do in wwii prop sims.

Jay Williams wrote:
> Yes... CH manager software (came with your CH pedals and also with a CH
> stick) combines the devices into one virtual stick seen by windows....
> "Robert Bobic" <rbobic@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> >I can't get the CH rudder pedals to work with Allied Force.
> >
> > I have a Logitech joy stick. If I buy a CH joystick can I get the rudder
> > pedals to work?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Robert Bobic

August 8, 2005 7:12:30 PM

<jamesarlene@comcast.net> wrote in message
> CH Manager works like a charm. There is one catch. You have to
> 'download' the combined virtual stick each time you reboot. No biggie.
> Just have to remember to do it before running Allied Force. Other
> than that, the software is a lifesaver especially if you get the urge
> to fly older games that didn't support multiple devices.

Actually, there is an applet in the CH Manager folder called CMStart.exe
If you put that into your startup folder, it will load the last profile on
startup and download it to your CH devices
!