Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
This is a really strange problem, but I bet it has a simple solution...

I have a DVD player. It's made by KBT. It crap, but it was cheap.

In the start, I never had problems. I watched about 5-10 movies.
Then it started...
During movie...first it starts skipping frames, then it starts to stutter. Then it skips bigger parts, and finally it freezes and a message comes up, saying that it cant read from the DVD and I should see if its scratched.
From then on, it does the same with every DVD.

After I formated by Hard Drive, the DVD works perfect. I can watch about 2 movies, until it screws up again.
Out of coincidence, I have formatted my comp 3 times so far, and every time the same. It works for 1-3 movies, and then no more.

Today I rented Spiderman. This is my 2nd DVD since format. Half way through, it stutters and stops. I skip to the next section of the movie, and it works for 15 minutes untill it does the same thing again. I then skipped another 5 minutes, and it worked for the rest of the movie, but with constant little frame skips.
---

Its a cheap player, but I ruled out the cause being the DVD player, because it plays DVD's sometimes flawlessly.
I have the feeling I have some sort of Hardware configuration wrong. Maybe in windows, or in BIOS.
Anyone have ANY idea? Even a guess could help me...

Just for info I have:

7AJA-100 Chaintech Motherboard
GF 2 MX 400 64MB
Seagate 20.4 GB hard drive.
My DVD player is a 16x. And its running on MASTER now.

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Try another DVD player program.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>

Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Well, i thought of that too. I am using Power DVD now. And with my last DVD I got "Interactual Player"...
Thing is, I tink they both use the same decoder files, so if 1 doesnt work, the other also wont.
I'm trying to get WIN DVD, since it has its own decoding files.

Could it be something else though?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Have you run a CD/DVD drive cleaner? (Just to be sure)

<b>Tits a nice day today!
Breast i've ever seen!</b>
Officially Certified <font color=green>Hooter Inspector.</font color=green>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
If all else fails, consider this piece of advice.

Liteon 16x dvd drive. Cheap but definately not crappy.

<b>Tits a nice day today!
Breast i've ever seen!</b>
Officially Certified <font color=green>Hooter Inspector.</font color=green>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Who knows... maybe a hair got taken in with a disc. Its another thing u can try to problem solve anyway.

<b>LHGPooBaa + Evil Hamster Sidekick: Serving Toms Hardware community for 2 years as of the 11th of November</b>

Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
Hmm...it works normal on everthing else. Normal CD's and DVD's...just movies are messed up. I'll go with the idea of trying a different DVD-player program for now.

goldendom

Distinguished
May 22, 2002
get the liteon 163 dvd-rom

:eek: <b><font color=blue>24hrs left until my death. So I'm gonna waste a lot of lives!</font color=blue></b> :eek:

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Another one of LO minions votes for you to trash you old drive in a creative (explosive) way and get a Lite On.

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
If you do get a new drive stay away from Sony. I find mine noisy and it has a really slow access time.

The Men Behind the GUNS!

<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=327" target="_new"><b>MY SYSTEM</b></A>

Artanis

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002
There is a small chance that I could sell my DVD player.
OK, so I wont get Sony...there is the Pioneer 117 16x/40x and the Toshiba 16x/48x in my price range.
Any use, or will I end up selling it off and getting anoter one again..?

EDIT..!! My dvd playe is not from KBT, like I said in the beginning on this thread, but its from BTC...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Have i suggested Liteon yet? :smile:
Nice AND cheap. Good too, faster than the pioneer!

<font color=red><b><i>"Humans are just overclocked Monkeys!"</i></b></font color=red>
<b>Serving THGC for over 2 years.</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lhgpooBAA on 11/20/02 00:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>