Which adsl wireless modem router to buy?

hgaaditya

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
Hey guys. I'm from Bangalore,India. The thing is im gettin a new dsl broadband intenet connection.And i wanna buy a good wireless adsl modem/router... I have narrowed down my choice to these 2...so i thought,you guys could help me with it
Dlink DSL 2730U N150 wireless
&
Asus N10E wireless N150.
The thing is,i knw dlink is a reputed and reliable brand,but asus has got a bit more options like powerful antenna and all...
Also there is a third choice called TP LINK but I dont think its worth..
So whats your opinion?
Any advice is welcome and thank you in advance..

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
There is very little difference between those 2 they will work about the same. You may be better off getting a DSL modem and then you will have much more selection in the routers you can buy. All depends on your budget I guess.

hgaaditya

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
thanks john for your input...but my budget doesnt permit me to get a seperate modem and router...so i am opting for this.. Anyways i think i wil go with the dlink...

hgaaditya

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2012
Also i have a old zte or utstarcom modem lying around,,so should i just buy a router and use it with the old modem...???or should i buy a new modem+router ...i just think the seperate modem and router setup would slow down the connection..please provide your feedback on that...

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
As long as the modem supports the speed of the DSL you are buying it will all run the same. Modems are very stupid they only convert the data from dsl to ethernet. Takes almost no processing power. Just confirm with the ISP that those are compatible. It is unlikely any router or modem is going to be slower than the DSL line.