V600 text messaging features ....

Last response: in Brands
January 9, 2005 11:22:33 PM

Is it possible for v600 to reject any incoming text messaging? I just
don't want to be charged for spam text messaging I've got almost every
15 minutes. Thanks
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 6:17:03 AM

How many times and how many ways are you going to ask the same question?
Asking the same question again and again won't change the answer. The
definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting a different result.
If you have that much spam you have ONLY one option: Change your phone
number!!!
If you were really concerned about spam you wouldn't post your email
address on Usenet either.
Or is this just a troll?

From:Sarah Tanembaum
sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com

> Is it possible for v600 to reject any incoming text messaging? I just
> don't want to be charged for spam text messaging I've got almost every
> 15 minutes. Thanks
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 6:17:04 AM

BruceR wrote:
> How many times and how many ways are you going to ask the same question?
> Asking the same question again and again won't change the answer. The
> definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
> expecting a different result.
> If you have that much spam you have ONLY one option: Change your phone
> number!!!
> If you were really concerned about spam you wouldn't post your email
> address on Usenet either.
> Or is this just a troll?
>

> From:Sarah Tanembaum
> sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com
>

>>Is it possible for v600 to reject any incoming text messaging? I just
>>don't want to be charged for spam text messaging I've got almost every
>>15 minutes. Thanks

I've changed the number twice already and I'm starting to get sick of
it! Damn spammers!
January 10, 2005 1:22:06 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.motorola - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <34ef88F4a5hbhU2@individual.net> on Sun, 09 Jan 2005 23:39:09 -0500, Sarah
Tanembaum <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote:

>BruceR wrote:
>> How many times and how many ways are you going to ask the same question?
>> Asking the same question again and again won't change the answer. The
>> definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
>> expecting a different result.
>> If you have that much spam you have ONLY one option: Change your phone
>> number!!!
>> If you were really concerned about spam you wouldn't post your email
>> address on Usenet either.
>> Or is this just a troll?
>>

>> From:Sarah Tanembaum
>> sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com
>>

>>>Is it possible for v600 to reject any incoming text messaging? I just
>>>don't want to be charged for spam text messaging I've got almost every
>>>15 minutes. Thanks
>>

>I've changed the number twice already and I'm starting to get sick of
>it! Damn spammers!

You must be doing something wrong, because I've seen no other reports of that
kind of problem.

January 11, 2005 12:29:19 AM

"Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I've changed the number twice already and I'm starting to get sick of
> it! Damn spammers!

You must be doing something seriously wrong!

You're not using those short code ringtone sites are you?

--
Antz
Part of the UKtm family

>-©LuVbuG©-< wrote:
> "Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>>I've changed the number twice already and I'm starting to get sick of
>>
>>it! Damn spammers!
>

> You must be doing something seriously wrong!
>
> You're not using those short code ringtone sites are you?

What is got to do with the ringtones. How the hell they got my number?
Thanks
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 3:39:14 AM

Did you get yourself a ringtone by sending a text message to some place? And
then they send you the tone in a text message or a message with a URL link
in it? Now think about it, where might the spammers have got your number?
That's how it usually happens, anyway...

Simon H

!