U87 exploded view with parts numbers?

Last response: in Home Audio
November 2, 2004 12:21:06 AM

While poking through the junk section of an old second hand
electronics store just south of where I live, I discovered a very
dirty decrepit looking box of what appears to be internal parts for
Neumann mics, apparently for the battery operated version of the U 87.
I picked up the boxful for a couple of hundred dollass, along with
some other surplus gear, mostly tube stuff, for pretty much a song.
The owner said it all came from a closed down local AM station.
Checking Neumann's site, the exploded diagram of the U87 seems to have
disappeared.
There is a list of part numbers but it's difficult to match up the
stuff.
Anyone have the exploded view with the parts identified?
I have what appears to be the pc board with the meter on it but the
battery holder is missing, some metal parts, probably the internal
structural bits, a capsule still in it's original sealed wrap and a
rather banged up head grill.
There's no outer case and no bottom connector thingie and probably
some other parts that would be needed to put together a complete mic.
Is all this stuff still available from Neumann?
I'd really appreciate a diagram if someone has it.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Voice-overs, Newscaster, Engineering and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada
radiovoiceone@hotmail.com
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 12:21:07 AM

You can get the U87Ai version at www.musiciansgear.com

Click on Neumann then click on Link to information page Neumann
then click on Neumann Spare Parts...

Regards:
Eric

"Mike Cleaver" <voice.1@telus.net> wrote in message
news:o e9do0ptjuvhr3fs8bpne3haitvj9bui0g@4ax.com...
> While poking through the junk section of an old second hand
> electronics store just south of where I live, I discovered a very
> dirty decrepit looking box of what appears to be internal parts for
> Neumann mics, apparently for the battery operated version of the U 87.
> I picked up the boxful for a couple of hundred dollass, along with
> some other surplus gear, mostly tube stuff, for pretty much a song.
> The owner said it all came from a closed down local AM station.
> Checking Neumann's site, the exploded diagram of the U87 seems to have
> disappeared.
> There is a list of part numbers but it's difficult to match up the
> stuff.
> Anyone have the exploded view with the parts identified?
> I have what appears to be the pc board with the meter on it but the
> battery holder is missing, some metal parts, probably the internal
> structural bits, a capsule still in it's original sealed wrap and a
> rather banged up head grill.
> There's no outer case and no bottom connector thingie and probably
> some other parts that would be needed to put together a complete mic.
> Is all this stuff still available from Neumann?
> I'd really appreciate a diagram if someone has it.
> Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
> Voice-overs, Newscaster, Engineering and Consulting
> Vancouver, BC, Canada
> radiovoiceone@hotmail.com
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 11:55:00 AM

Thanks.
I think the hardware parts are pretty much the same.
Now I know what i have.

!