need some advice

hey I am curious on what pc game would best fit what I am looking for.
I own a couple world war II flight simulators but I am looking for a
more modern flight game. I would like to play a game that has the most
realistic simulation of jet fighters like the f-14 and f-18. I
appreciate your advice.

jp

"grimaldi" <grimaldi@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> hey I am curious on what pc game would best fit what I am looking for.
> I own a couple world war II flight simulators but I am looking for a
> more modern flight game. I would like to play a game that has the most
> realistic simulation of jet fighters like the f-14 and f-18. I
> appreciate your advice.

Jane's F/A-18 is a good choice. But the AI stinks like yesterdays socks.
The DID Hornet series is worth a shot too.

grimaldi wrote:
> hey I am curious on what pc game would best fit what I am looking for.
> I own a couple world war II flight simulators but I am looking for a
> more modern flight game. I would like to play a game that has the most
> realistic simulation of jet fighters like the f-14 and f-18. I
> appreciate your advice.

What kind of PC do you have? If it's new and fast and hot - get LOMAC.
Fantastic grapics, although there are some that say that the flight
model is dumbed down and the campaigns are boring. LOMAC still has the
best ground terrain of any flight sim that I've seen, though.

Falcon 4.0 (whether you get the "legacy" verision and patch it up, or if
you get the new Allied Force release) is a good choice. You'll be
pretty much relegated to the F-16 - but that ain't necessarily a bad
thing. It's a really steep learning curve, but it pays off in spades,
since this is really the defacto modern jet sim IMNSHO. You can spend
years learning and playing this one.

Strike Fighters: Project 1, and Wings Over Vietnam (basically a SF:p1
re-release) might be good for you if you're looking for a pretty
simplistic jet sim. I found it shallow and empty, but there are cadres
of others who swear by it. It's a mtter of taste, really.

There's some talk thatMigAlley might be redone by GMX soon.

James

>There's some talk thatMigAlley might be redone by GMX soon.
>
>James

Hope that is true!!
-pw

use paulwilliamson at spamcop dot net for e-mail

grimaldi wrote:
> hey I am curious on what pc game would best fit what I am looking for.
> I own a couple world war II flight simulators but I am looking for a
> more modern flight game. I would like to play a game that has the most
> realistic simulation of jet fighters like the f-14 and f-18. I
> appreciate your advice.

Falcon 4: Allied Fighters is the most realistic there is of an F-16
Falcon jet fighter

--
Conveyor Technology of Western Michigan
http://www.ctowm.com