Bluetooth and mobile phone tools problem

Last response: in Brands
January 10, 2005 10:48:42 PM

I have a belkin bluetooth adapter for my laptop. When I open mobile phone
tools, I have the current version, all the phone says is initialize and
nothing else. If I specify new phone, select bluetooth connection, phone
model it does not detect. The bluetooth is working because I can transfer
photos to phone just using bluetooth software. Any ideas ?
January 11, 2005 6:40:18 AM

What I recently did was - uninstall Belkin and remove dongle - turn off/restart - plug in
dongle and wait a minute - turn off/restart. Use tray icon or control panel one to bond
with phone if needed. Open mobile phone tools then probably - new phone - select the modem
when offered and allow XP to find the drivers. (I.e. just don't use the Belkin CD at all
if using XP SP2 and mPT) Note that the initialisation takes a while even when it's
working.
Pat
(Hope I remembered that right - not everyone agrees with this method!)
Pat.
"Louis Moravecek" <plutom@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have a belkin bluetooth adapter for my laptop. When I open mobile phone tools, I have
>the current version, all the phone says is initialize and nothing else. If I specify new
>phone, select bluetooth connection, phone model it does not detect. The bluetooth is
>working because I can transfer photos to phone just using bluetooth software. Any ideas ?

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 10:48:40 PM

Judging by the number of questions in this group I suspect you are the
exception rather than the rule.

I switched from a SE T616 for a number of reasons but compared to mpt
their BT software put them to shame. And I almost forgot -- the
software was free!

!