URGENT PLEASE HELP! Theme not changing, restricted use on Win7

nodnarb11

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Okay I am at my wits and need this issue resolved fast.

My windows theme and my computer in general has reverted to using the standard theme and won't let me change it. In personalization I can change the border and taskbar color but they won't change. I can choose different themes but everything will change except for the toolbar and windows color. This setting is also restricting my admin privileges when I install iTunes and other programs and won't let me do anything basically.

I want to unlock my GPU but this thing won't let me. When it happened I was playing BF3 one day and there was a popup from AMD or my GPU settings saying something about low power consumption with the setting or something of the sort. I disregarded it and now it's been f*cking with me ever since.

Please help. I have tried restarting. Did nothing.

Screenshots:
shittywindows.png

whatthefuck.png

gaaaahhhhh.png

My computer:
Intel i7 CPU 2.67ghz
Sapphire HD6950 2GB
Evga X58 SLI3 Mobo
Rosewill 650w PSU
9 GB RAM

nodnarb11

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
This is urgent because:
A. I have to unlock this GPU so I can play optimally in a tournament coming up
B. iTunes won't detect my product, that I have to send to someone that bought it.

I'm kinda short on time. I ran MSE and it came out fine. I'll run Avira next.

pdxalex

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

Well, many would debate on the 'urgency' of that, lol

Anyway, in addition to either Avast/AVG/Avira also download and run malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

You shouldn't be running your rig without any protection anyway... so even if you have no malicious code lurking somewhere you'll at least have a layer of protection in the future.

pdxalex

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
If you have Restore Points enabled, you could try reverting your system to a previous state before you began experiencing these issues. You may lose some installations or other data in the process.