wanted - simple amp with reverb

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
November 2, 2004 3:45:07 PM

This is not exactly music/audio related per se except as per pinball
machines.

I am interested in doing something with old pinball machines that have
simple sound effects and adding cool reverb and echo effects to the
the sounds. Is there a cheap, small device that would be ideal for
this? I.e. I would want to splice into the games sound board line
level output or the speaker output (mono) into a little device, that
would have some echo/reverb controls on it, and then I could run
output from it back to the games amp input? Thanks!
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 4:39:00 AM

>This is not exactly music/audio related per se except as per pinball
>machines.
>
>I am interested in doing something with old pinball machines that have
>simple sound effects and adding cool reverb and echo effects to the
>the sounds. Is there a cheap, small device that would be ideal for
>this? I.e. I would want to splice into the games sound board line
>level output or the speaker output (mono) into a little device, that
>would have some echo/reverb controls on it, and then I could run
>output from it back to the games amp input? Thanks!

You don't need an amp, just get a multi-effects box or a reverb unit

Richard H. Kuschel
November 3, 2004 6:53:35 AM

>Is there a cheap, small device that would be ideal for
>>this? I.e. I would want to splice into the games sound board line
>>level output or the speaker output (mono) into a little device, that
>>would have some echo/reverb controls on it, and then I could run
>>output from it back to the games amp input? Thanks!

This might be what you're looking for:

http://www.8thstreet.com/product.asp?ProductCode=6251&C...

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 12:17:09 AM

"frenchy" <mf101723@aol.com> wrote in message
> This is not exactly music/audio related per se except as per pinball
> machines.
>
> I am interested in doing something with old pinball machines that have
> simple sound effects and adding cool reverb and echo effects to the
> the sounds. Is there a cheap, small device that would be ideal for
> this? I.e. I would want to splice into the games sound board line
> level output or the speaker output (mono) into a little device, that
> would have some echo/reverb controls on it, and then I could run
> output from it back to the games amp input? Thanks!

The IC in many of those old pinball machines was the Texas Instruments
SN76477N. There is a circuit you can build with this IC that will allow you
to produce just about any sound. Unfortunately, I can't recall where I
remember seeing it but it may be on the web somewhere. The idea behind the
circuit is to make many of the ICs parameters variable thus having an
unlimited ability to produce sounds. I doubt whether this IC is still
available, but newer ICs of slightly different configuration followed it
that may be suitable, like the AY-3-8910A. Good luck with your plans.

Jayson
!