sending audio and video thru cat5 cable ?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
November 1, 2004 2:48:24 AM

Can anyone help me with any solution in delivering one sound and one
video signal through Cat 5 cable ? Is there any low cost and reliable
encoder for such purpose ? I encountered a site just cannot lay any
cable at all but couple of cat 5 cable for LAN only!
November 3, 2004 12:11:33 AM

john wrote:
> Can anyone help me with any solution in delivering one sound and one
> video signal through Cat 5 cable ? Is there any low cost and reliable
> encoder for such purpose ? I encountered a site just cannot lay any
> cable at all but couple of cat 5 cable for LAN only!

What you need is called a "Balun". They come in various configurations
for different audio and video formats. They convert the signals to cat5
and the decode at the the other end. There are a few different
manufacturers, but this is the first one that pulled up on google:
http://www.intelix.com/products/baluns.html#AudioVideoB...

--
Eric

www.Raw-Tracks.com