[Router] Upgrading from BT Home Hub 3.0

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
For a while now, I've been using the typical BT Homehub 3.0 that came with my broadband package. The signal has always been weak, between 28%-53% at 8.03m from the router.

Having re-structured my room so as to make my compy 'universe' usable with my low-to-the-floor gaming chair (Built in speakers at the head rest), I've moved my computer 3 meters away from where it was, and now I have no signal at all.

Been wantin' to replace the router for a while now, and this is the last straw.

Any recommendations? I'm looking at the following price points: £20, £30, £40 and up to £50. A recommendation for each of the price points would be great, as I would be able to compare features an' such.

I also have a modem supplied by BT....Don't know if that is of any use, but thought I'd throw that in.

Thanks in advance.

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Seeing as how I can't edit my post, I'll just add in some info I forgot to add.

When I 'moved my computer 3 meters away from where it was', it is now 11.125m away from my router.

My house being from the early 1900s, it is mostly stone. To reach my compy, the signal from my current router needs to bypass 18 stone steps and two thick stone walls, so something with some grunt behind it would be sweet, though it needs to have at least two ethernet ports.