Startac 7868 Factory Reset

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
January 12, 2005 6:15:23 PM

I am going to sell my Startac 7868 and would like to clear everything
out of it. Is there a way to do a factory reset to remove the number,
etc.?
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 8:50:26 PM

Dick wrote:
> I am going to sell my Startac 7868 and would like to clear everything
> out of it. Is there a way to do a factory reset to remove the
number,
> etc.?

To clear your phone book, do a master reset:

Main Menu, Lock Secure, Secure Options (Enter 000000 for secure code,
unless you've changed it), Master Reset ...

To erase your phone number:

Press 74663#1 [FCN] [FCN]. (74663 spells phone.)
The phone will display Enter MIN, and then show your number.
Overwrite your number with all 1's (111-111-1111).
Press [STO].

The phone will then display Enter AMPS SID.
You can just press [STO].

The phone will then display Enter CDMA SID
Again, you can just press [STO]

That's it. Your're done!

royc
January 13, 2005 12:50:58 AM

On 12 Jan 2005 17:50:26 -0800, "royc" <clouston@sprynet.com> wrote:

>Dick wrote:
>> I am going to sell my Startac 7868 and would like to clear everything
>> out of it. Is there a way to do a factory reset to remove the
>number,
>> etc.?
>
>To clear your phone book, do a master reset:
>
>Main Menu, Lock Secure, Secure Options (Enter 000000 for secure code,
>unless you've changed it), Master Reset ...
>
>To erase your phone number:
>
>Press 74663#1 [FCN] [FCN]. (74663 spells phone.)
>The phone will display Enter MIN, and then show your number.
>Overwrite your number with all 1's (111-111-1111).
>Press [STO].
>
>The phone will then display Enter AMPS SID.
>You can just press [STO].
>
>The phone will then display Enter CDMA SID
>Again, you can just press [STO]
>
>That's it. Your're done!
>
>royc

Thanks a bunch. Would this also work for an analog 6500 Startac?

Dick
January 13, 2005 8:22:12 PM

Dick,

I think the 74663#1 procedure will work on an older Motorola phone. I
don't think the old analog phones had a master clear command. My
Motorola Teletac analog did not have a master clear, as far as I know.
It could only store 9 numbers, so it wasn't really necessary!

royc
January 14, 2005 12:56:12 AM

Thanks. I'll try the procedure on both phones. I had to wait until
my Verizon account was closed.

Dick

!