V600 Mobile Phone Tools Bluetooth

I've had numerous problems with various versions of mobile phone tools
with my v600. I have come to the conclusion that the main problem is
connected with Motorola's installation wizard. The solution appears to
be as follows:

First use your BT dongle software or built in BT dongle software to
pair with your phone.

1. Forget using thw wizard, cancel and cancel until a picuture of a
phone pops up.
2. Select the button on the phone that gives you a drop down menu
3. Select, Set Up, General Set Up
4. Choose the communication tab and select change modem
5. The wizard that pops up does work (Make sure your phone is set to
Bluetooth Find Me)
6. Select the standard modem over Bluetooth link and allow the wizard
to do the rest, you'll need to select your model of phone.
7. Wait a few seconds at the end and your network id (ie orange) will
show up on your pc's picture of (what will now be) your model of
phone.

Bobs your uncle, hopefully.
1 answer Last reply
More about v600 mobile phone tools bluetooth

    "Richard GY" <richard@businessadvicedirect.biz> wrote in message
    > I've had numerous problems with various versions of mobile phone tools
    > with my v600. I have come to the conclusion that the main problem is
    > connected with Motorola's installation wizard. The solution appears to
    > be as follows:
    >
    > First use your BT dongle software or built in BT dongle software to
    > pair with your phone.
    >
    > 1. Forget using thw wizard, cancel and cancel until a picuture of a
    > phone pops up.
    > 2. Select the button on the phone that gives you a drop down menu
    > 3. Select, Set Up, General Set Up
    > 4. Choose the communication tab and select change modem
    > 5. The wizard that pops up does work (Make sure your phone is set to
    > Bluetooth Find Me)
    > 6. Select the standard modem over Bluetooth link and allow the wizard
    > to do the rest, you'll need to select your model of phone.
    > 7. Wait a few seconds at the end and your network id (ie orange) will
    > show up on your pc's picture of (what will now be) your model of
    > phone.
    >
    > Bobs your uncle, hopefully.

    BVRP, the developer of mobile phonetools states on their website that the
    installation wizard only works for Motorola branded bluetooth dongles. All
    other brands should do exactly what you just described.

Motorola Mobile Phones Bluetooth