BSOD When Starting Some Games

tubby

Honorable
May 17, 2012
About a month ago, I made a new PC, and up until a week ago it worked fantastically. Last week I put in the HDD from my old PC into the second drive tray to copy files across without needing to USB files back and forwards. When I put the drive in, I didn't think for a second that they both had Windows on them (the new one has 7 and the old has Vista). When I tried to run a few games, I got a BSOD and my PC restarted (It only happened with some games, most games still work fine). After the tenth time, I downloaded BlueScreenView and found that ntoskrnl.exe was causing the problem. After some research, I uninstalled Daemon Tools, I changed the Kernel settings (which stopped BSV blaming ntoskrnl.exe, but then it had nothing to blame for the BSODs), and last night I repair installed Win7, still nothing. All my drivers are up to date, my chipset is up to date, my BIOS isn't the latest but the latest update only adds some AGESA code. I don't think the BIOS is the problem as I have dual BIOS, and I thought that means that prevents the BIOS from screwing up (I don't know, I'm not good with BIOS stuff, but I've been told that if I have DualBios, then the BIOS should be fine). The computer runs fine until I start the games (which are all up to date). I also did a Memory Diagnostic, everything fine there, and I did a ChkDsk, and still nothing. Please help.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Would a format and clean install of Win7 fix this? Would a BIOS update fix this?

My System Specs:
CPU: AMD AM3+ FX-6100
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 7850 OC Edition
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaw 8GB Kit @ 1600Mhz