Sign in with
Your question

1 bar wireless connection with hp?

Last response: in Networking
December 3, 2012 5:13:17 AM

Hello,
I just purchased a brand new HP Envy dv6 laptop and I only get 1-2 bar of connection for my wireless, yet my 2 year old MacBook laptop gets a solid 5 bar connection!? What's up with that?
December 3, 2012 5:26:28 AM

Sorry for the thread duplicate, for some reason it bugged out and made 2 and I don't know how to delete it because I just joined. :( 
m
l
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
December 3, 2012 5:33:58 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

I suggest you check the channel the router is broadcasting on and match it in the wireless adapter's configuration settings.

Don't worry abut the duplicate - it happens a lot. I'll post into it to help preventing anyone else doing so.
m
l
Related resources
December 3, 2012 5:45:50 AM

Hey Saga thank you for your reply. How can I change my wireless adapter's configuration settings to match the routers channel? I do know what channel my router is broadcasting though. Also, thank you for posting in my other thread as well.

Edit: I am using Windows 8. :) 
m
l
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
December 3, 2012 1:42:58 PM

mitchpccs said:
Hey Saga thank you for your reply. How can I change my wireless adapter's configuration settings to match the routers channel?

The wireless adapter's properties are in Control Panel>Network and Sharing Centre>Manage Wireless Networks and Change Adapter Properties. Set that to the same number you set in the router and they should talk to each other properly.

m
l
!