PLEASE PLEASE help me.

deirdre stewart

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
the network settings on this computer do not meet the requirements for the network

The above phrase is going to be the end of me. :( :cry:

I have a HP Pavilion desktop with
AMD Athlon II X4 processor 635 (2.9GHz, 2MB L2 cache)
windows 7 home premium 64bit OS
4GB RAM
640GB SATA hard drive
NVIDIA 512mb dedicated graphics
ralink 802.11n wireless LAN card (Attached to the motherboard)
I use talk talk with a d-link DSL2680 router to connect to the internet, and all has been wonderful until last weekend.
Since then I can connect to the internet wirelessly, only if I remove my current network connection and reconfigure it manually, it wont accept my pass/ security key for the network, i have to run downstairs every time to press the wee button on the side of the router. When it does work it works great, great signal etc, I know the times my connectivity drops, (I live in a small rural town, no fibre optics yet) so avoid using the internet at these times, I know that that is not the issue. I have tried everything suggested on this and many other forums, including uninstalling the LAN card & drivers, updating the drivers, resetting, rebooting my router using wired connection to an old laptop I have. Updating the routers firmware.
Currently I am connected but there is a big red X over my wireless tray icon. And I just know its going to bump me off any minute now. I am not all that tech savvy, but have a small idea of how these things do work, but this has me stymied.

I have a suspicion that this is something to do with windows, and I wonder would uninstalling recent windows updates help.If there is somebody out there that has any further suggestions I would be very grateful to hear them. I'm sorry this is so long winded but I thout maybe more info is more useful than too little.

TRENDING THREADS