LAN_Mine

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
I have 2 Western Digital 120gig HDD on my Promise HPT370 controller in RAID 0. I was wondering whether I could move these 2 disks only my Abit motherboard without affecting the array. The operating system is NOT installed on this array.

Cheers

LAN_Mine

HammerBot

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
If the ABIT motherboard uses the same RAID controller and RAID bios, obviously you can. If its another Highpoint controller (like HPT372) it is most likely possible. If you are going to a Promise controller, it may not be possible.
Sorry I cant give you any more solid info, but there doesnt seem to be a 'standard' way for RAID controllers to store data on the individual drives. So even a change in RAID bios may affect the array.
However, Im quite sure that its harmless to attempt it. If the array is not recognised, you can always put it back to your HPT370 and start backing up data.

<i><b>Engineering is the fine art of making what you want from things you can get</b></i>
<A HREF="http://www.btvillarin.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=655" target="_new">My systems</A>