V220 USB Drivers - not available for free?

Last response: in Brands
a b \ Driver
January 14, 2005 1:43:49 AM

Hi All,

I have been looking for the V220 USB drivers so I can use my cell as a modem
to dial up to an ISP. However so far I have not been able to find anything
that works...

I downloaded Cingular's connection manager, and it installed some sort of
drivers, so that my phone now appears as a modem, but I cannot use it to
make calls. "I always get Error 678: Remote computer did not respond" - I
have a feeling that these drivers only let you connect to Cingular's
network, which they charge a pretty penny for access for.

Are there any *free* drivers out there that will give me access? If not, I
would be willing to buy something if I absolutely have to. But I want to
know ahead of time that it is going to work - I don't want to pay for
something and then find out that it won't work.

All I really want to do, at the end of the day, is use my cell like a modem.
I can then use it to connect to AOL, Juno, Earthlink, or whatever ISP I
happen to be using.

Pointers?

Sincerely,
-Josh

More about : v220 usb drivers free

January 14, 2005 1:43:50 AM

The mobile phone tools package has drivers as part of the package...

!