V220 USB Drivers - not available for free?

Hi All,

I have been looking for the V220 USB drivers so I can use my cell as a modem
to dial up to an ISP. However so far I have not been able to find anything
that works...

I downloaded Cingular's connection manager, and it installed some sort of
drivers, so that my phone now appears as a modem, but I cannot use it to
make calls. "I always get Error 678: Remote computer did not respond" - I
have a feeling that these drivers only let you connect to Cingular's
network, which they charge a pretty penny for access for.

Are there any *free* drivers out there that will give me access? If not, I
would be willing to buy something if I absolutely have to. But I want to
know ahead of time that it is going to work - I don't want to pay for
something and then find out that it won't work.

All I really want to do, at the end of the day, is use my cell like a modem.
I can then use it to connect to AOL, Juno, Earthlink, or whatever ISP I
happen to be using.

Pointers?

Sincerely,
-Josh
1 answer Last reply
More about v220 drivers free

    The mobile phone tools package has drivers as part of the package...

    "Joshua Beall" <jbeall@donotspam.remove.me.heraldic.us> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have been looking for the V220 USB drivers so I can use my cell as a
    > modem to dial up to an ISP. However so far I have not been able to find
    > anything that works...
    >
    > I downloaded Cingular's connection manager, and it installed some sort of
    > drivers, so that my phone now appears as a modem, but I cannot use it to
    > make calls. "I always get Error 678: Remote computer did not respond" - I
    > have a feeling that these drivers only let you connect to Cingular's
    > network, which they charge a pretty penny for access for.
    >
    > Are there any *free* drivers out there that will give me access? If not,
    > I would be willing to buy something if I absolutely have to. But I want
    > to know ahead of time that it is going to work - I don't want to pay for
    > something and then find out that it won't work.
    >
    > All I really want to do, at the end of the day, is use my cell like a
    > modem. I can then use it to connect to AOL, Juno, Earthlink, or whatever
    > ISP I happen to be using.
    >
    > Pointers?
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > -Josh

Motorola Drivers Internet Service Providers