Network Adapter Advanced Settings/ Values. How can these help me?

Type of Wireless Adapter I have: Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN

When I click on (Properties) and then click the (Advanced) tab, there is a list of properties on the left and a list of values to choose from on the right.
I'm curious on what each property does and, which property/value would be most "effective" or "appropriate" for a certain location/situation I'm in.
6 answers Last reply
More about network adapter advanced settings values
  1. Generally, there is no reason to play with those advanced settings.
  2. PhilFrisbie said:
    Generally, there is no reason to play with those advanced settings.

People do not ask these questions to just get blown off. I would also like to know what the advanced settings mean and how they are used so I can optimize mine.

I guess I think of Tom's Hardware as a place where people who are into PCs go to get great answers, not ones like these which are condescending at best.

3. Or you could use that amazing thing called 'google' and look up each term yourself.
  4. g90814 said:
    Or you could use that amazing thing called 'google' and look up each term yourself.

Again with asinine comments. Don't you think people that post here have already tried that and trhe search results were useless?
  5. Based on the questions we get here, many do not bother to try looking up answers for themselves, hence my signature line.

If you have questions, you should start a new thread, not necro a thread from 2 years ago.

If you google 'network adapter advanced properties' you get a ton of results, many of which describe each advanced property in detail.
  6. lmao ~ google was my first thought and this thread is the 6th result on my search for 'advanced network adapter properties'.
    Hmm ~ tom's FAIL
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity WiFi and Home Networking Wireless Adapter Intel Wireless Networking