MSI KT4 Ultra & ECC memory

I just got a new MSI KT4 Ultra MB. I used my old memory from the old dragon Plus board that died on me. This is ECC memory. I read that this memory is not supported by the MSI board. When I try to play a game what usually happens is that I get into the game some then it freezes and I get full screen vertical colored lines. My question would be is this a result of using the ECC memory? Do I have to buy new memory to rid myself of this problem? Or does this sound like yet another problem area?
3 answers Last reply
More about ultra memory
  1. This culd be a video card problem as well. Is it just this one gave that gives you a problem or are you getting problems with other programs as well? What video card are you using? Have you tested your memory?

--------------
    Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.
  2. the video card is a ati radoen 7200. I didn't have any problems with this card before this board install. The memory was checked and is ok. I only have 2 games right now. They both give the same problem.
  3. Run MEMTEST86 or GOLDMEM to see if the ECC is having problems with your system.

<b>LHGPooBaa + Evil Hamster Sidekick: Serving Toms Hardware community for 2 years as of the 11th of November</b>
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Games MSI-Microstar