WEP and the MN 700

I am using a cable modem, the MN 700 wireless base station
and an intel centrino laptop. I live in an apartment
complex so I need the WEP. Here is the problem when I
enable the WEP, my connection goes bad every 2 mins. It
keeps wanting to pick up someone elses network. However
many times there are no other wireless networks avaible
when it says there is, and yet it still disconnects me.
What can I do to keep the computer from disconnecting. I
am currently using 64 bit WEP. I have dared to take it
off the WEP and it works fine with the WEP disabled, but
it has many problems when it is enabled.

very frustrated

ON the computer properties for the network, uncheck the
ieee 802.1x.

You may also want to add your SSID to the list of
preferred networks and check the box to log into
preferred networks only.