Want scan from center of scan plate

dharmadablonde

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
when i try to scan a picture from the center of the glass scan plate,the scan comes up on the computor off center,to the left,or to the right,bottom or top ,but never in the center.and it dosen't matter where i put the picture it still want come up on the computor where i lay the picture. please hel

Small documents & pictures often move when you close the scanner lid, especially if you close it quickly. Try closing it gradually and slowly.

The centre of the scanner bed is actually the "sweet spot" for the sharpest possible scan, so it's a good place to put small items for scanning. I once had to scan a lot of pictures measuring 6 x 4 inches so I made a template out of cardboard the exact same size as the scanner glass.

Then I cut a 6 x 4 inch rectangular hole in the dead centre of the cardboard, layed the cardboard template on the glass, and placed each photo in turn into the rectangular hole. Of course, both the cardboard template and the photo must be as flat as possible for this to work properly. Close the lid slowly and the photo should stay in the centre, held there by the cardboard template. You can even stick the template down with sellotape in each corner for greater accuracy.

Using that template allowed me to scan all those pictures accurately in half the time it would have taken without the template.

dharmadablonde

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
got it fixed, turned out my updates had reconfigured my pro901 printer and my network signal became weak for some unknown reason,so i just changed how i was scanning.i started scanning from the advanced scan option. must say i like this option better. thanks for your help. Oh,the weak signal i just unpluged my modem for 10 seconds.

dharmadablonde

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
got it fixed, turned out my updates had reconfigured my pro901 printer and my network signal became weak for some unknown reason,so i just changed how i was scanning.i started scanning from the advanced scan option. must say i like this option better. thanks for your help. Oh,the weak signal i just unpluged my modem for 10 seconds.