Reducing "stiction" of a Saitek X45.

Last response: in Video Games
September 18, 2005 3:40:21 PM

Has anyone who owns a Saitek X45 managed to reduce it's friction? Mine
tends to kind of get stuck in the centre and I have to jerk it free, which
isn't at all good when I need to put in small control inputs. Any solution?
I've tried greasing the ring under the spring, but it made no difference.
I'm wondering now about trying to rmove part of the spring itself.

Si
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 9:13:34 PM

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:40:21 +0100, "Simon Robbins"
<simon@NOSPAMsjrobbins.demon.co.uk> wrote:

i thought of trying to remove some of the spring myself .. but i
decided that i wanted something reversible and more adjustable ..

this is what i did ..

i took about a dozen small cable ties .. and cable tied two turns of
the spring together .. evenly space them out and you are good to go ..

this has worked fine for me .. occasionally i have to space them out
... but other than that .. it centers fine .. and if you want a lighter
stick yet .. you can cable tie three turns of the spring together ..
although it probably will not center to well with that many turns tied

>Has anyone who owns a Saitek X45 managed to reduce it's friction? Mine
>tends to kind of get stuck in the centre and I have to jerk it free, which
>isn't at all good when I need to put in small control inputs. Any solution?
>I've tried greasing the ring under the spring, but it made no difference.
>I'm wondering now about trying to rmove part of the spring itself.
>
>Si

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 11:49:56 PM

"ib1" <eyeb1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i took about a dozen small cable ties .. and cable tied two turns of
> the spring together .. evenly space them out and you are good to go ..

I'd thought about trying that myself. Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Si
October 19, 2006 9:22:19 PM

You probably got the fix by now but if you don't have the friction problem fixed look at the bottom of the throttle (turn over/underneath) and you will see a FRICTION adjustment HOLE that is clearly marked, so you can insert a screwdriver and adjust accordingly. :wink:
October 22, 2006 7:32:44 PM

Quote:
You probably got the fix by now but if you don't have the friction problem fixed look at the bottom of the throttle (turn over/underneath) and you will see a FRICTION adjustment HOLE that is clearly marked, so you can insert a screwdriver and adjust accordingly. :wink:

Hes talking about the joy STICK itself and not the throttle (thats how i read his post anyway)

what you're talking about is the resistance setting for the throttle that you can adjust to taste and not the friction that occurs with wear or use of the stick

hope that helps
!