It's Happening Again

Last response: in Home Audio
November 4, 2004 2:19:59 PM

144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of OT
politicaly oriented subjects.

If you talk about audio in this newsgroup, don't tag on to an off
topic message. You will be ignored (by more than just me).

More about : happening

Anonymous
November 4, 2004 4:28:26 PM

> 144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of OT
> politicaly oriented subjects.
>
> If you talk about audio in this newsgroup, don't tag on to an off
> topic message. You will be ignored (by more than just me).

My killfile is eliminating about 30-45% of the posts daily. Most of those
are OT, and I can live without the audio contributions that get lost, few as
they are, by the flagrant violators.

Steve King
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 7:13:17 PM

I agree that there is a unusual amount of OT posts here lately and usually I
do ignore them. When someone pisses on my country (Canada) I couldn't
resist. I will try to restrain myself in the future but it is hard to
ignore a bully sometimes. Perhaps a rec.audio.pro.ot (or something like
that) board is in order if this trend continues. This format has been
succesful on some other boards I am on. Just a thought.
ciao,
ken

"Steve King" <steve@REMOVETHISSPAMBLOCKsteveking.net> wrote in message
> "Mike Rivers" <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote in message
>> 144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of OT
>> politicaly oriented subjects.
>>
>> If you talk about audio in this newsgroup, don't tag on to an off
>> topic message. You will be ignored (by more than just me).
>>
>> --
>> I'm really Mike Rivers (mrivers@d-and-d.com)
>> However, until the spam goes away or Hell freezes over,
>> lots of IP addresses are blocked from this system. If
>> you e-mail me and it bounces, use your secret decoder ring
>> and reach me here: double-m-eleven-double-zero at yahoo
>
> My killfile is eliminating about 30-45% of the posts daily. Most of those
> are OT, and I can live without the audio contributions that get lost, few
> as they are, by the flagrant violators.
>
> Steve King

November 4, 2004 9:26:25 PM

> 144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of OT
> politicaly oriented subjects.
>
> If you talk about audio in this newsgroup, don't tag on to an off
> topic message. You will be ignored (by more than just me).

You aren't forced to read the posts. And politics affect all of us.
Hate the game, not the player. You can filter away the threads just as
easily as the posters.

--
-Hev
Find Me Here:

"Hev" <none@youwouldknow.com> wrote in message
> "Mike Rivers" <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote in message
>> 144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of
>> OT politicaly oriented subjects.
>>
>> If you talk about audio in this newsgroup, don't tag on to an off
>> topic message. You will be ignored (by more than just me).

> You aren't forced to read the posts.

But I am forced to skip over them.

> And politics affect all of us.

So find a politics newsgroup and enjoy! There are about 750 NGs with
politics in their name. Not enough for you?

> Hate the game, not the player.

Basically, the OT posts are dominated by people who lack focus and personal
discipline.

> You can filter away the threads just as easily as the posters.

Provide me with a reasonably small set of rules for Outlook Express that
will eliminate only OT posts.
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 9:26:26 PM

Hev wrote:

> You aren't forced to read the posts.

Problem seems to be that some of the founding fathers still
bulk download everything over dialup so they can read it
with a text editor offline. It would be of little or no
consequence otherwise.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 9:48:07 PM

"Hev" wrote:
> "Mike Rivers" wrote:
> > 144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of OT
> > politicaly oriented subjects.
> >
> > If you talk about audio in this newsgroup, don't tag on to an off
> > topic message. You will be ignored (by more than just me).
>

> You aren't forced to read the posts. And politics affect all of us.
> Hate the game, not the player. You can filter away the threads just as
> easily as the posters.

Whatever. Do what you will, but if you're going to insist on pissing in the
pool, don't be surprised that it's annoying to others.

-jw
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 10:23:23 PM

Hev wrote:

> You aren't forced to read the posts. And politics affect all of us.
> Hate the game, not the player. You can filter away the threads just as
> easily as the posters.

Those who are unable to govern their own behavior are unconvincing
models of anyone capable of revising the foreign policies of theocratic
idiocracies.

The behavior underlying your response is much like Bush's response to
the world, our former allies, and the UN: "Nevermind the rules, pal,
because this _is_ what _I_ am going to _do_."

--
ha
Anonymous

> Hev wrote:
>
>> You aren't forced to read the posts. And politics affect all of us.
>> Hate the game, not the player. You can filter away the threads just as
>> easily as the posters.
>
> Those who are unable to govern their own behavior are unconvincing
> models of anyone capable of revising the foreign policies of theocratic
> idiocracies.

Believe it or not I have gained some insight even in the pettily bickering.

> The behavior underlying your response is much like Bush's response to
> the world, our former allies, and the UN: "Nevermind the rules, pal,
> because this _is_ what _I_ am going to _do_."

Point taken. But if the world, our former allies, and the U.N. could just
not look at Bush and Bush wouldn't affect them then your point would weigh
even heavier.

--

-Hev
find me here:

I've just realized that this bitching about OT posts in R.A.P. occurs on a
very regular basis. Do a google search and see for yourself.

Why not just start a rec.audio.pro.ot or whatever would be a legal name.

Then when an OT post develops it can quickly be moved to the OT newsgroup.
Everyone is happy and audio geeks get to discuss and bicker all the OT
dribble they (I) wish.

This is like the offering condoms to students discussion. You know it's
gonna happen, might as well prepare for it.

--

-Hev
find me here:
www.michaelSCREWspringerROBOTS.com
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 12:40:13 AM

Scott Dorsey wrote:

>>Now that your election is over, can you put this to rest for the next 48
>>months, please?
>

> Okay, but what about air cooled vs. water cooled debates?

Do you live in the desert?
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 1:03:26 AM

Hev wrote:

> "Mike Rivers" <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote in message

>>144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of OT
>>politicaly oriented subjects.

> You aren't forced to read the posts. And politics affect all of us.
> Hate the game, not the player. You can filter away the threads just as
> easily as the posters.

You know, when someone is being rude, and then someone else says,
"Hey, you're being rude," and then the first person says, "No, I'm
not, there's something wrong with you if this bothers you," this
does not make the first person not rude; instead, it makes them
doubly rude.

I'm honestly a bit ticked with the continuing level of off-topic
political stuff. The election was over two days ago. As so often
happens in elections, one of the candidates won and the other lost.
(And, this time, the Supreme Court didn't even have to get involved.)
As it turns out, many of the races were decided opposite to the way
I personally voted, including the presidental race. But that's life.

More to the point, what reason is there to continue to discuss it?
It just makes one look like a spiteful person who can't accept defeat
with any kind of grace and instead has to continue to whine on and on
about things that are in the past and can't be changed.

- Logan
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 1:03:27 AM

"Logan Shaw" <lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
news:o Gxid.9772$nD6.4493@fe2.texas.rr.com...

> More to the point, what reason is there to continue to discuss it?

I have a deep desire to understand what is going on to our country and I
relate with audio people in general. It felt like a good place to learn.

I mean... most of these people don't even realize there is a pentagram in
the design of Washington D.C. Not only a pentagram but a devils/goat head,
and compass.

And we haven't even gotten that far yet.

But yes, it is off topic for this audio NG.

Lets get back to something more solid, like people's opinions of what the
best gear is.

--

-Hev
find me here:
www.michaelSCREWspringerROBOTS.com
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 1:51:57 AM

> 144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of OT
> politicaly oriented subjects.
>
> If you talk about audio in this newsgroup, don't tag on to an off
> topic message. You will be ignored (by more than just me).

Sorry.

jb
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 1:54:28 AM

>More to the point, what reason is there to continue to discuss it?
>It just makes one look like a spiteful person who can't accept defeat
>with any kind of grace and instead has to continue to whine on and on
>about things that are in the past and can't be changed.

What is happening is a discussion of thought processes and values ..not the
election.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 2:07:08 AM

"Blind Joni" wrote:

> What is happening is a discussion of thought processes and values ..not
the
> election.

Maybe, but it's still annoying and isn't anymore on topic.

-jw
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 2:24:44 AM

>> What is happening is a discussion of thought processes and values ..not
>the
>> election.
>
>Maybe, but it's still annoying and isn't anymore on topic.

You could be right but..I find it interesting that people doing the very same
job have radically different basic viewpoints..interesting if nothing else.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 2:38:15 AM

"Blind Joni" wrote:
> >> What is happening is a discussion of thought processes and values ..not
> >the
> >> election.
> >
> >Maybe, but it's still annoying and isn't anymore on topic.
>
> You could be right but..I find it interesting that people doing the very
same
> job have radically different basic viewpoints..interesting if nothing
else.

It is interesting... for about a week. When OT posts were a small percentage
of total posts, it wasn't that big a deal and even made sense--rather than
get to know a whole new pile of people to discuss a subject of potentially
common interest that's also off topic (BBQ, Scotch, etc) one could banter it
about a little and then get back to business because the conversation
existed in the context of people with common interests.

But when the subject in the name of the group ceases to have primacy for a
significant proportion of the posting populous it becomes inconsiderate to
those who aren't here for politics, values, elections, etc.

But most of the typical OT posts bother me a thousand times less than the
posts where people try to shush people who complain about OT posts. I just
think that's really rude.

-jw
November 5, 2004 3:07:18 AM

Hev wrote:

> This is like the offering condoms to students discussion. You know it's
> gonna happen, might as well prepare for it.

Then again, there is the expectation that the typical RAP poster is not a
high schooler.
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 3:07:19 AM

"agent86" <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote in message
> Hev wrote:
>
>> This is like the offering condoms to students discussion. You know it's
>> gonna happen, might as well prepare for it.
>
> Then again, there is the expectation that the typical RAP poster is not a
> high schooler.

WTF? You skip over my idea to rid R.A.P. of OT discussion to add this tidbit
of genius?

--

-Hev
find me here:
www.michaelSCREWspringerROBOTS.com
November 5, 2004 3:09:55 AM

Eric Desrochers wrote:

> Hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 95

You need to update your scorecard Eric. Windows is in the lead with 98
points now.
November 5, 2004 3:36:10 AM

Hev wrote:

> WTF? You skip over my idea to rid R.A.P. of OT discussion to add this
> tidbit of genius?

It's not exactly your idea.

Google rec.audio.pro.saloon

If you'd been paying any attention at all, you'd have known that.
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 3:39:52 AM

Arny Krueger wrote:

> Basically, the OT posts are dominated by people who lack focus and personal
> discipline.

And the complainers are dominated by people like to dominate
others and put them in silly little boxes like the above.

Annoyance is a personal choice.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 12:34:34 PM

"Bob Cain" <arcane@arcanemethods.com> wrote in message
> Arny Krueger wrote:
>

>> Basically, the OT posts are dominated by people who lack focus and
>> personal discipline.
>
> And the complainers are dominated by people like to dominate
> others and put them in silly little boxes like the above.

Defensive much? ;-)

> Annoyance is a personal choice.

Some would like us to believe that newsgroups have titles and charters so
that nobody can tell the difference among them, based on their actual topics
of conversation.

I don't care about a few OT comments, but when the discussion is 25-60% OT
for months at a time, well...
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 12:36:00 PM

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:23:23 -0500, hank alrich wrote
(in article <1gmq4nj.1hgss0ti0cjegN%walkinay@thegrid.net>):

> Hev wrote:
>
>> You aren't forced to read the posts. And politics affect all of us.
>> Hate the game, not the player. You can filter away the threads just as
>> easily as the posters.
>
> Those who are unable to govern their own behavior are unconvincing
> models of anyone capable of revising the foreign policies of theocratic
> idiocracies.
>
> The behavior underlying your response is much like Bush's response to
> the world, our former allies, and the UN: "Nevermind the rules, pal,
> because this _is_ what _I_ am going to _do_."
>
> --
> ha

Ya know, when you do that, people get pissed off enough to fly planes into
buildings.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 12:42:19 PM

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:10:06 -0500, Hev wrote
(in article <7Mqdnah7CqUqTxfcRVn-2w@comcast.com>):

> "Logan Shaw" <lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> news:o Gxid.9772$nD6.4493@fe2.texas.rr.com...
>
>> More to the point, what reason is there to continue to discuss it?
>

> I have a deep desire to understand what is going on to our country and I
> relate with audio people in general. It felt like a good place to learn.
>

> I mean... most of these people don't even realize there is a pentagram in
> the design of Washington D.C. Not only a pentagram but a devils/goat head,
> and compass.
>
> And we haven't even gotten that far yet.
>
> But yes, it is off topic for this audio NG.
>
> Lets get back to something more solid, like people's opinions of what the
> best gear is.

Hev,

You have an invalid input/output config.

The correct newsgroup for that is rec.audio.opinion, not rec.audio.pro.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 5:26:29 PM

It's just a hunch, but it seems to me that there are probably people on here
for whom this is the *only* internet (or usenet) discussion group they
frequent, and therefore it is the place where they vent *all* their concerns on
all topics. Unfortunately, usenet is unmoderated, so all the OT stuff that
would otherwise be deleted in minutes on a moderated board is allowed to grow
here like mutant weeds around a nuclear waste dump.

Incredibly, there would appear to be some people for whom OT, and particularly
politically oriented posts, are the majority if not the near entirety of their
activity here. Sure you can just ignore those threads, as I do 99.9% of the
time, but it's a bit like going to a ball game or something and finding
yourself surrounded by doctors yacking about insurance rates. You could get up
and move to an empty seat, but you chose the one you're in, and...we're at a
freakin' *ball game*, docs...take the shop talk to a medical convention...

Since there is no way to enforce any kind of "topic discipline" here, I have
little doubt the signal to noise ratio will continue to decline as pro
audio-only types get discouraged and stop coming back, as many, many have
already. My own time here is probably about 20% of what it was a few years ago
due to the seemingly unstoppable increase in OT threads and the departure, one
by one, of some of the most informed pro audio/music business professionals we
could once count on for lively, relevant contributions on a regular basis.

It's sad. I fear that as this trend continues RAP will become an almost
complete waste of time to visit. It will be a very long fall from it's vibrant
past.

Ted Spencer, NYC

"No amount of classical training will ever teach you what's so cool about
"Tighten Up" by Archie Bell And The Drells" -author unknown
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 6:49:16 PM

Where are all those people who said the OT posting would get better
"after the election?" Hmm.
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 6:49:17 PM

Stu Venable <sturvNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Where are all those people who said the OT posting would get better
>"after the election?" Hmm.

I was one of them, and I'm totally boggling at the explosion in off-topic
trash, yes.
--scott
November 5, 2004 7:48:52 PM

Blind Joni wrote:

> What is happening is a discussion of thought processes and values ..not the
> election.

And looking for this in the charter for rec.audio.pro finds what? It is
now well past time to regain focus.

--
ha
Anonymous

In article <sbydnZ21yK8aNxfcRVn-sw@comcast.com>,
"Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:

!"Hev" <none@youwouldknow.com> wrote in message
!news:lvuid.832$oa1.741@trnddc03
!> "Mike Rivers" <mrivers@d-and-d.com> wrote in message
!> news:znr1099574920k@trad...
!>> 144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of
!>> OT politicaly oriented subjects.
!>>
!
!> You aren't forced to read the posts.
!
!But I am forced to skip over them.
!
!> And politics affect all of us.
!
!So find a politics newsgroup and enjoy! There are about 750 NGs with
!politics in their name. Not enough for you?
!
!> Hate the game, not the player.
!
!Basically, the OT posts are dominated by people who lack focus and personal
!discipline.
!
!> You can filter away the threads just as easily as the posters.
!
!Provide me with a reasonably small set of rules for Outlook Express that
!will eliminate only OT posts.

Use your filters, and set them to either the topic or the poster with
the command "ingore" if you use FreeAgent or Agent two excellent PC
newsreaders, you can click and kill for MT-NewsWatcher, ctrl + click on
the highlighted thread or poster and select either "Kill
Subject/Author" or, if a thread you want to follow such as I have
anything with PRO TOOLS or mics in subject line, or or specific posters,
highlighted same procedure but select "Filter Subject/Author to get to
the criteria window.

--
KelL
AFTRA

Arny Krueger wrote:

> I don't care about a few OT comments, but when the discussion is 25-60% OT
> for months at a time, well...

I just don't really much care what other people do. That's
their business.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 9:10:28 AM

Scott Dorsey <kludge@panix.com> wrote:

> Okay, but what about air cooled vs. water cooled debates?
> --scott

Air, no contest :)

--
Eric (Dero) Desrochers
http://homepage.mac.com/dero72

Hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 95
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 9:10:28 AM

agent86 <maxwellsmart@control.gov> wrote:

> Eric Desrochers wrote:
>
> > Hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 95
>
> You need to update your scorecard Eric. Windows is in the lead with 98
> points now.

This is the *year* the catastroph hapened, not the market share of said
OS...

--
Eric (Dero) Desrochers
http://homepage.mac.com/dero72

Hiroshima 45, Tchernobyl 86, Windows 95
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 7:44:01 PM

George Gleason wrote:

> The Charter is not the commandments carried by moses
> but IMO rather more like a suggested speed for a curve, or a recommend
> wine to have with your meal
> a good idea if your anal about following rules but really just a
> suggestion in the end

I notice you have zero ability to control your cyber mouth, George.

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich wrote:

> George Gleason wrote:
>

>>The Charter is not the commandments carried by moses
>>but IMO rather more like a suggested speed for a curve, or a recommend
>>wine to have with your meal
>>a good idea if your anal about following rules but really just a
>>suggestion in the end
>

> I notice you have zero ability to control your cyber mouth, George.

What is it about George's input that makes it "zero ability
to control his cyber mouth"? This is purely ad hominem. He
controls it within _his_ parameters, not the self styled
charter enforcement commitee's.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 7:44:03 PM

Bob Cain wrote:

> What is it about George's input that makes it "zero ability to control
> his cyber mouth"? This is purely ad hominem. He controls it within
> _his_ parameters, not the self styled charter enforcement commitee's.

Yup, it seems as if sheriff Ford has deputized Hank.

What say ye, deputy Alrich?
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 7:51:37 PM

mrivers@d-and-d.com (Mike Rivers) wrote in message

> 144 new posts since I logged on last. 118 of them unread because of OT
> politicaly oriented subjects.

So why are you starting a new one????

Just ingnore them and they won't go away anyway........ It's call
FREEDOM OF SPEECH ...... Try and live with it. It beats Fascism.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 7:55:51 PM

Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<dsadnVBTxLNNEhbcRVn-

> Ya know, when you do that, people get pissed off enough to fly planes into
> buildings.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ty Ford

That's OT stuff Ty. STFU ...... You spend far more time spamming this
newsgroup with your bitching about OT stuff than contributing Audio
Info.

Quit shitting on your own lawn. It stinks.

J West
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 8:16:05 PM

hank alrich wrote:
> George Gleason wrote:
>

>>The Charter is not the commandments carried by moses
>>but IMO rather more like a suggested speed for a curve, or a recommend
>>wine to have with your meal
>>a good idea if your anal about following rules but really just a
>>suggestion in the end
>

> I notice you have zero ability to control your cyber mouth, George.
>
> --
> ha

Oh but yes I do
I refrain from posting rebuttals much more often than I respond
also i have contributed much to many many people with on topic needs as
well
George
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 11:50:48 PM

On 2004-11-04 lvuid.832$oa1.741@trnddc03 said:
>> You aren't forced to read the posts.
>Problem seems to be that some of the founding fathers still
>bulk download everything over dialup so they can read it
>with a text editor offline. It would be of little or no
>consequence otherwise.
I'm on dial-up and retrieve a list of articles for the newsgroups I
wish to read, my offline reader connects with my isp over dial-up and
downloads those I've selected.

NO I won't go to DSL until I can afford to get another machine going
running linux to be the internet machine around here. OTherwise this
old dos box is gonna be it. finding a cd-rom drive with linux drivers
is going to have to wait right now as I'm paying my lady's health
insurance premiums through cobra to the tune of $300 a month and then
paying her big drug bill too, she's diabetic with a heart condition
etc. NEedless to say this old musician/audio guy goes without any
kind of health coverage, and without a few other things too while this
is going on. HOpefully she finds another day gig soon which provides
her health care coverage.

HEy but she's over 50, white and her kids are grown. She's done her
duty to the party and bred some more people so according to these
right-wingers people such as she aren't important. THis old
libertarian wouldn't mind that so much if they didn't go out trying to
stifle civil rights etc. the way they do.

Until the budget affords it meanwhile I'll continue with my dial-up
connection and offline reader. There just aren't the dollars for
anything else at the moment.

Richard Webb,
Electric SPider Productions, New Orleans, La.
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

THat's OK, I wasn't using all of my civil liberties anyway.
Anonymous

>What is it about George's input that makes it "zero ability
>to control his cyber mouth"? This is purely ad hominem. He
>controls it within _his_ parameters, not the self styled
>charter enforcement commitee's.

No, he posts illogical responses and ignores the point made..often.
Conversation is valuable..illogical proclamations are not.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 4:56:23 AM

Johnston West wrote:

> That's OT stuff Ty. STFU ...... You spend far more time spamming this
> newsgroup with your bitching about OT stuff than contributing Audio
> Info.

> Quit shitting on your own lawn. It stinks.

Funny, in a twisted but clueless way; Ty has contributed so much good
info here you could work the rest of your life struggling to be on topic
and still not catch up. What's you take on the new AKG 414's?

--
ha
Anonymous

hank alrich wrote:

> Funny, in a twisted but clueless way; Ty has contributed so much good
> info here you could work the rest of your life struggling to be on topic
> and still not catch up. What's you take on the new AKG 414's?

That's all fine and dandy, but in the end, Ty just listens to the
microphone and gives his *opinion* just like everyone else. Not trying
to diminish his input any (he has had a chance to hear a lot more of
them than most) but don't get carried away.
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 6:09:55 AM

Hank wrote

>Funny, in a twisted but clueless way; Ty has contributed so much good
>info here you could work the rest of your life struggling to be on topic
>and still not catch up. What's you take on the new AKG 414's?
>
>--
>ha

Hank, don't waste your energy. He doesn't even understand "freedom of speech".
He has the freedom to say whatever he wants to whomever he wants, but the
action can and sometimes has consequences. The last part is what most of these
"complainers" don't understand.

BTW, I haven't heard the new 414's, but what I've heard from some is they
aren't that much different from current models. Maybe a repackaging tool?

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 7:29:20 AM

Blind Joni wrote:
>>What is it about George's input that makes it "zero ability
>>to control his cyber mouth"? This is purely ad hominem. He
>>controls it within _his_ parameters, not the self styled
>>charter enforcement commitee's.
>

> No, he posts illogical responses and ignores the point made..often.
> Conversation is valuable..illogical proclamations are not.

Then refresh me on the logic used to create the God you put your faith
in is derived?
sounds like illogical proclamination to me

November 7, 2004 7:14:55 PM

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 12:16:05 -0500, George Gleason wrote
(in article <pF7jd.71541$OD2.57387@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>):

> hank alrich wrote:
>> George Gleason wrote:
>>

>>> The Charter is not the commandments carried by moses
>>> but IMO rather more like a suggested speed for a curve, or a recommend
>>> wine to have with your meal
>>> a good idea if your anal about following rules but really just a
>>> suggestion in the end
>>

>> I notice you have zero ability to control your cyber mouth, George.
>>
>> --
>> ha
>
> Oh but yes I do
> I refrain from posting rebuttals much more often than I respond
> also i have contributed much to many many people with on topic needs as
> well
> George

That's a baldfaced lie. You cost much more than you contribute. And you're a
unroyal pain in the ass.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 11:07:28 PM

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> You may not like the way he said it, but he was almost always right in
> what he said, which is more than most folks can say.

Perhaps he does know his stuff, but it is pretty hard to separate from
his cussing and generally abusive manner. I never found it very amusing.
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 11:49:31 PM

"Pete Dimsman" <pd@nospam.com> wrote in message

> hank alrich wrote:
>

> > Funny, in a twisted but clueless way; Ty has contributed so much good
> > info here you could work the rest of your life struggling to be on topic
> > and still not catch up. What's you take on the new AKG 414's?
>
> That's all fine and dandy, but in the end, Ty just listens to the
> microphone and gives his *opinion* just like everyone else. Not trying
> to diminish his input any (he has had a chance to hear a lot more of
> them than most) but don't get carried away.

I haven't ever found his opinion to be off-base, and his analysis is always
intelligent. I don't know Ty, all I know is that his reviews have given me a
lot of great information and honesty, free of charge.

jb
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 11:58:11 PM

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:28:46 -0500, Ty Ford <tyreeford@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Freedom of speech does not entitle you to shoot your mouth off anytime you
>want to about anything you want.

You heard it here first...
!