MPx220 Stuck on Network PUK

Last response: in Brands
January 15, 2005 4:06:11 PM

I cannot get past the Network PUK screen using my ATTWS SIM in a
Cingular branded MPx220 (XBM replacement), can anyone help?

Relevant Info
- Existing MPx220 (UNLOCKED) works perfectly with my AT&T SIM - I had a
problem with the battery cover and requested an XBM.

- Received a LOCKED MPx220 from Cingular XBM

- Requested and received Subsidy Unlock Code from Cingular and the
phone now gets stuck at the Network PUK screen with my ATTWS SIM. Both
Cingular and ATT reps have provided Unblock PUK codes that have not
helped - I get a SIM Failure screen saying that this action is not
supported by the SIM

- I have not tried a T-Mobile SIM to see if it works...

Is there anything else that I can be doing? I would really like to use
my exiting ATTWS SIM and at least ensure that the phone has truly been
unlocked as I travel internationally.

I appreciate your help!
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 4:37:34 PM

Gajju,
What was the unlock code you got? Cingular does not give that out
easily. The subsidy unlock code or the network PUK code.

The XBM or new MPX220's from Cingular are locked only for cingular
cards, so you can't even use an ATT sim in it.

If you had an exisitng ATT MPX220, you need to get a replacement ATT
MPX220.

My advise. Keep the original phone as it is unlocked. The new one is
locked and you will be at a loss.
!