Falcon 4.0 vs the "Gold" edition ...any difference?

I recently blew the dust off this old sim (It's still great)
but wondering if the "Gold" rev is worthwhile,
or have you found a new sim that I can't live without.

Any / all info greatly appreciated -rj

NullAddress123@gmail.com

am

nulladdress123@gmail.com wrote:
> I recently blew the dust off this old sim (It's still great)
> but wondering if the "Gold" rev is worthwhile,
> or have you found a new sim that I can't live without.
>
> Any / all info greatly appreciated -rj

The most stable for me was F 4 with Superpak 3
I could use all the theaters (at least 7) and
never had any crashes or hangs.

I now fly F 4 with FreeFalcon 3 with the Cobra 1
patch. (and the FF 3 cockpit addon's)
Fairly stable, and the graphics are the best of
any of the Falcon 4 renditions.
Big reason I will get Falcon 4 AF is of all things
being able to see a SAM's smoke trail. I got used
to it in LOMAC. Very helpful.

I havnt flown Falcon online since 1993 with Falcon 3 :)
(and it was killer then, just able being to do that !)

Mostly I now fly LOMAC Flaming Cliff's, ver 1.1 or
IL 2 FB+ACE ver 2.04m
With LOMAC the graphics are stunning, and the
mission editor is easy enough to use you can make
up or tailor a mission. Your imagination is the
key. The immersion in the aircraft is awesome, different
but every bit as intense as with Falcon 4
Again the graphics are stunning !!
With IL 2, the graphics are VERY good, and the amount
of aircraft one can fly keeps me busy any time I fire
it up.

BIG reason I fly only LOMAC and IL 2 is the online
flying. (full realism with both Sim's) It's a whole
lot harder fighting humans than computer AI.....
(ie; the main reason now, nothing but non stop practice)
Online both Sim's are VERY challenging, and time consuming.
(and did I say the graphics were stunning ?)
LOMAC is worth just flying around the Crimea by yourself,
it looks that good in the spring and fall seasons.
I fly both over at HyperLobby.
I prefer the Yak 9 in IL 2, and the Su 33 with LOMAC FC

AM

Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will